10-I'm Going to Miss You

Hello wattyfriends! You've been asking for it, and here's my next chapter. Like I anticipated on my previous chapter, this is going to be the first chapter in a while that is not 100% focused on the dance moves, more into the story. (There will be a few more after this one) This chapter it's supposed to explain what happened after Brooke and Paige were kicked off the team. Hope you guys like it :))) (IS MIAMI THE RIGHT PLACE?)

Hey guyssss, I'm backk. So, first of all thanks for the 1K+ reads and for all the votes and comments you're giving me. Thanks for your support. It means a lot :)))

How's your summer going? Mine's fine, I guess... So, here is chapter 10. I hope you guys enjoy it!!!

Paige Hyland lay sprawled on her bed, absentmindedly flipping through a magazine that she'd read a hundred times before. She was waiting impatiently for Chloe to come over. Her best friend was the only person who could make her feel better right now. She'd been expelled from Abby Lee's dance team for something that wasn't her fault at all, and now . . . and now . . . God, she didn't even want to think about it or she'd start bawling.

Mrs. Hyland had signed both of her daughters up for auditions for the Stars Dance Studio Junior Elite squad, but the waiting list for that place was miles long. Having already been on the ALDC Junior Elite team only helped a little. They'd still be waiting for ages.

It just wouldn't be the same anyway. They wouldn't be dancing with Maddie and Mackenzie Ziegler, the darlings. They wouldn't be dancing with Nia Frazier, who was always so sensible and helpful. They wouldn't be dancing with Kendall Vertes, who loved everyone. And, most importantly, they wouldn't be dancing with Chloe.

How could Paige ever dance without Chloe?

She let out a trembling breath and fought the urge to cry.

Someone knocked on her door.

"Come in," Paige sobbed out.

Mrs. Hyland smiled softly and murmured, "Chloe and Christi will be here soon."

"Thanks, Mom," Paige whispered.

"By the way, I have a small surprise." Kelly checked her phone. Its fluorescent screen lit up her face. "Your auditions are tomorrow."

"What?!" Paige exclaimed, sitting up straight and almost choking on her own tears.

"I'm serious. You'll do great, Paige," Kelly reassured her.

"But—"

Ding dong! The deep tones of their doorbell reverberated through the house, echoing even after the ringing finished.

"Come in, sweeties!" Kelly called out Paige's open window. "The door's open!"

"Go down," Paige told her mother. "I'll grab Brooke." She left the magazine on her nightstand and headed to Brooke's room. "Brooke?" she sang.

"Yah?" Paige's sister answered.

"Chloe and Christi are here. Come on down!" Paige didn't wait for a response; instead she dashed down the stairs, jumped the last few, and rushed into Chloe's open arms." Imissed you so much!"

"I missed you too, Paigey Mack," Chloe replied. "So, so much."

No matter that it'd only been a weekend since they last saw each other.

Meanwhile, Brooke sneaked down and perched on the bottom step, watching the girls embrace. Their mothers, too, were hugging. It made Brooke wish she had someone to hold onto. She hadn't bonded so closely with someone at dance like Paige had.