3-Life On the Rebound

Okay, guyss! Here we go again, as promised :)

Updated: 31 st August, 2014.

"This isn't fair!" Chloe exclaimed to Nia the next day as they entered the studio. "When I dance, it should be about me. When you dance, it should be about you. When Maddie dances, it should be about Maddie. When Sophia dances, it should be about Sophia. When Kalani dances, it should be about Kalani. You get what I mean. It's . . . I can't believe Abby's pitting us against each other like this! It's going to destroy everyone's friendship. I mean, I already hate Autumn, and I thought she was okay before!"

"I know what you mean," Nia replied, nodding. "It's really stupid. She's just on a rampage now that she got rid of Brooke and Paige. Sometimes I think she honestly hates all of us."

"She probably does," injected Mackenzie, coming up behind them with pursed lips.

They were all shocked; they'd never heard little Mackenzie say something bad about Abby before.

They walked into the studio to find Sophia, Asia, Mia, Kalani, and Autumn already stretching. Kalani, Autumn, and Asia sat in over-split position, their feet resting comfortably on foot-high mats. Their arms were thrown back, stage smiles on their faces. Mia and Sophia were practicing basic leaps and jumps.

Abby clapped and waved her arms. "Since it took you so long to get yourselves in here, we are starting right away. No warm-up for you."

"What?!" Maddie's mouth formed a perfect O. "But that's dangerous, Miss Abby! Really dangerous!"

"You should be here on time," Abby replied carelessly.

"This is on time!" Nia glanced at the clock. "In fact, we're two minutes early."

Abby shrugged. "Well, the others were ten. Punctuality is the key." Before Maddie, Mackenzie, Chloe, Kendall, or Nia could open their mouths, Abby rattled on. "The original team is performing a lyrical routine entitled Life On The Rebound. It's pretty and fun. Basically, this song is about what you do with yourself after not being chosen." Smiling, she went on. "My new select ensemble will be doing a hot jazz routine called Looking For Spotlight. You girls are here, yes, but are you here to stay?" She winked. "May the best group win!"

Mackenzie was very worried. This was going to be a tough week. There were two group dances, six solos, and two duets. Normally, there would be one group dance, one duet, and two solos, tops. On top of that, Abby would have to split her time in half. Considering that Mackenzie usually only received fifteen minutes of Abby's time for her solo, she would be lucky to have five now. How in hell was she supposed to learn a three-minute solo in five minutes?!

"Consider these tryouts. None of you are on my team. None of you have been discarded. I need to see how you all work together. How you work separately. How you respond to authority. How you listen. How you follow directions. How you bend to my vision instead of yours. Maybe the new people are horrible performers. Maybe, onstage, they choke. Who knows?" She ignored the death stares of the mothers of the new girls. "Okay, moms, you're dismissed. See you in about four hours. Maddie, Mackenzie, Kendall, Chloe, and Nia, here. Sophia, Autumn, Mia, Kalani, and Asia, in Studio C, please."

"You could just call us the original team, you know," Mackenzie pointed out.

"You're not the original team anymore," said Abby. "You're five girls looking for a spot in the Abby Lee Dance Company."

Then, she exited to talk to the new students.

--------------------------------------------Line Break---------------------------------------------------