4-Twinnies and Newbies

Hello everyoneee! I'm back with a new chappy. I just thought I'd let you know what these three following weeks I have my finals, but I have a little more written into the fic so updating shouldn't be a problem. Anyways, hope you like it!

Updated: 10th September, 2014.

A/N: Hey guys! Sorry I haven't been updating on a pretty long while. I'm very busy with my friggin' September exams. One more to go and I'm all yours for... a week!!! Sad, I know. Then I start my classes again, but I guess I'll update more often than if I had exams.

Anyway, hope you like my rewrite of this chapter. Vote and comment letting me know what you think about it and make sure to read it, just because I edited a few things that weren't here before and may be revelevant to the story. 

Comment or vote for the next chapter. I will give a dedication to the people who do this :)))

"Okay, girls, we're switching studios," Abby called out as soon as she got back downstairs. "Maddie, Chloe, Mackenzie, Kendall, and Nia, you're in C. Go through the routine until you're all comfortable; we almost certainly won't work on it again. Autumn, Sophia, Asia, Mia, and Kalani, you're in here. Come on in."

It took the original team a few tries until they felt at ease. "We've got this," Maddie announced with much more confidence than she truly felt. They knew that they wouldn't be allowed to see the other group until the actual competition, if then, so they had no idea what they were in for. It was a game of chance, and Abby had all the chips. "Bye, guys." She headed into the den and took a deep swig from her water bottle. She was replacing it in her cubby when she felt small arms wrap around her middle. "Hey, Kenz."

"Hi, Maddie," Mackenzie replied in her tiny voice. She sounded very sad.

Maddie took Mackenzie's hands in her own and looked into her younger sister's eyes. "Kenz, I know you're better at other kinds of dance, but you need to keep your head up and try your absolute hardest. No matter what Abby says, we're all rooting for you. Chloe, Kendall, Nia, and especially me. Brooke and Paige too, even though they're not here right now. We all want you to do well. You can be a star. You are a star, honey. I know it. Okay, sweetie?"

"Okay," Mackenzie answered with a small smile.

"Come on, Kenz, be happy. You nailed all your turns, and Nia said you did a great aerial. You know, when I was your age, I could barely balance on one foot." Not true at all, but it made Mackenzie looked marginally happier.

Even though almost everyone thought that neither Maddie nor Melissa cared about Mackenzie, they really did. Maddie loved her little sister, and she felt bad that Abby was creating all this rivalry between them lately.

"Really?"

"Really," Maddie promised with a grin. It wasn't a lie if it made someone feel better. That was a rule. "Now come on. I wanna talk to the girls before everyone has to go."

-------------------------------------------------Line Break----------------------------------------------

By the time they joined the others near the front door, Nia had already left to go to her ballet class. With a wave, Mackenzie slipped on her own soft pink flats and padded into Studio B to join her friends. That left Maddie, Kendall, and Chloe.

"So do you think we're gonna win?" Kendall wondered, concerned.

Chloe spoke what they were all thinking. Shaking her head, she answered, "Those girls are really good. If we blow this, we're off the team. We need to work harder than we ever have before."