Throwback

Journal #4 (day 21)

Okay so story time!!

"Come on Avery, are you really gonna do this?" Tyler asked as he pushes a plate full of spaghetti in front of me. "You're not seven. I'm not letting you shut down and go without eating, I'm not going to do it. We can stay up all night." Now don't get me wrong, I was hearing every word he said. The question was... Am I going to listen? The answer No. Food is sickening. We have gone through this so many times before. All I had to do was wait him out. His head would bob and he would snore. I would sneak to the bathroom with whatever plate of fat he was trying to feed me and flush it. What he didn't know didn't kill him. Yes, it pains me to see the man who took me in, tucked me in at night, talked me through bad nights and nightmare and then built me up the next day.

"Daddy?" Izzie whispered. Perfect timing! She is not supposed to be up, it was one in the morning, "I had a bad dream."

Tyler scooped  her up quickly. He turned to me, "You better be in that spot when I get back." We both knew that I wouldn't be.  Once he turned to go up the stair, I left, sprinting three blocks, to my friend Jordan's.
As I ran I enjoyed the bitter air as it accelerated against my face. The last time I ran like that I was five and on a mission to get to my destination. The difference between this night and that night, is when I was five, My hair was blonde and barely past my shoulders, not purple and waist long. I was trying to save my Blackened Angel from Satan's spawn, his wrath was darker and meaner than usual as she screamed for help. We lived 20 miles outside of town. The nearest phone was not in my pocket, it was at the Nelson's a mile away. Audrey was not in a corner, crying hugging her blanket, but she was sleeping soundly. That Night I could see the stars die out slowly. So basic my blackened angel died and satan's bestie was taken to jail, I wasn't fast enough.  Sorry... I thought I would wrap that up, about to go to my family session, write later.

P.s. this story is not over...