One on One

Journal #10 (Day 31)

"How are you? Kayla asks.
"Fine."
"Today I'm just going to ask you some questions." I nod. "You were in twelve foster homes from the time you were five till you were seven, Right?"
"Yeah." I was beginning to get uncomfortable.
"The first was Mrs. Jefferson."
"Yeah."
"What was she like?"
"She was old, but nice. I wasn't allowed to anything. She was cool, though. She sent us away cuz I purposely broke some of her collectible clowns. I did it on purpose cuz they were creepy as fuck."
"Language. Stand up grab a book and balance it on your head for one minute."
"Shit."
"Two." 'Shut your fucking mouth, Jesus fuck.' My punishment for my "foul" mouth is standing with a book balancing on my head for a minute for every cuss word I say, but I always forget. I groaned. "Who was  you next family?"
"The Jones. They were crazy. They never let Audrey and I play or even be in the same rooms as each other. So one day when I was trying to play with Audrey and Mrs. Jones wouldn't let us I bit her, and she screamed and Mr. Jones came in and I kicked him in the nuts. Then they sent us away."
"Who's next, the Williams?"
"Yeah, I liked them. but they sent us away after a month or two, I think Mrs. Williams got sick," I groaned The book was heavy, "Can I sit down now please?"
"You have thirty more seconds, How was Betsy?"
"I loved her, she was old. I was good but she wasn't a fan of Audrey. Because she was always crying and sick. So we left. Then we went to out old neighbors the Nelson's. I ran away a few times to our old house. Audrey was having a lot of panic attacks, they said that their house wasn't the best fit for us. Like they we think of us."
"You Don't think that they were?"
"Hell no." I snapped."
"Book, One minute." I stood and sighed. Just has I finally got the book to stop waddling when she said, "Then the next family was the Smiths?"
I flinched and dropped the book, "S-Sorry," Fuck the stutter, "I-I Don't wanna t-talk about th-th-them."
"Okay..." she stared at me suspiciously, "You can sit down now."
"After the smi-them was the ummm..." I couldn't even remember. I know Kayla knows about the Smiths and what he did to me.
"The Johnson family."
"Y-yeah, I didn't like their kids. They were evil. One time their son Andrew he was 13, egged his own house, like who does that? A-any-anyways, I woke up an-and I went to see wh-what was going on being s-six. He saw me wa-watching him. He punched me into the fridge and started to punch me, and then told me to shut my mouth and if I said anything that he would kill my fat ass."
"At this point you were still giving Audrey all your food."
"Yeah she was, is, always hungry you know cuz of her Prader-Willi syndrome. I was still huge."
"Okay... after them was the Brown's"
"Ugh, I hated them I was always in trouble for stupid stuff."
"Next was the Roberts?"
"Yep. They were vegetarians. I thought they were crazy. They only gave Audrey a certain amount of food and got mad at me for giving her my food, cuz she was always starving."
"Out of the Eleven foster homes you were in, not including Tyler and Emily, did you end up giving  Audrey your food?"
"Seven of them."
"Okay, wow, we will talk about that later. How about the Hudson's?"
"They were alright, they were never really home."
"They Oliver family?"
"They were fucking wei-"
"Book, one minute."
"God damn it."
"Two minutes."
I hit myself with the book and then balanced it on my head mumbling, "you fuckin' retard."
"Don't talk to yourself like that, now it's three minutes."
"Okay, okay. They were weird. I seriously think that they were devil worshiper or something. They freaked me out."
"And lastly is Tyler and Emily."
"Yeah, they're awesome."
"How so?"
"I don't know. They have done everything to Audrey and I. They kept us."
"Okay so tomorrow you have a session with just Audrey."
I dropped the book on my toe,"Ow! fuck, Why?"
"Because you two need to talk."
"I don't want to talk to her. I hate her attitude."
"Well, you will have to tell her that. She wrote you a letter that she will read to you and you will listen to her."
"What? Why? She never listens to me."
"Well it's her turn. Time is up. Just try and be patient. See ya tomorrow."
I walked out of her office, Wanting to cry, scream, punch something and cut. I just scratched until i felt hands latch onto my hands holding them. Dina smiled sympathetically and I hugged her.