Chapter Sixteen

Okay, so you guys totally have to check out this girl's work. It's freaking amazing! 'Body of Scars' by dijanabatt. I'm sure you'll love it ;)

Warning: Not edited!

___________________

[Caleb's P.O.V]

The guys stayed with me that night. I thought it was mostly because they assumed I would have done something stupid like get shit faced.

They wouldn't have been far off.

As it was, I waited until they had passed out - just because I wasn't aloud to drink, didn't mean they couldn't indulged themselves - and manoeuvred out of the backseat of one of the almost finished cars that Big Mike and Aidan had been working on.  I closed the door quietly behind me, narrowing my eyes at the deep, annoying snores - mostly from Dallas - and chuckled when Sam punched the air in his sleep, mumbling under his breath, battling an imaginary foe.

I felt sorry for their future girlfriends.

Stalking down the familiar streets, I buried my hands into my leather jacket, head bent low to escape the full force of the cool night breeze.

The guilt eating at me was too much to handle. It was like a sickness spreading from my heart, slowly infecting the rest of my vital organs. My fingers couldn't stop trembling with the need to hit something.

For a moment, I just wanted to forget. To forget that Adrian had left me, that she might be in danger, that there might be someone out there trying to hurt her.

I just wanted to forget.

                                                                                  ***

"Stop Caleb!" Adrian giggled, her eyes squeezed tight, her mouth pulled back in a wide, slightly pained smile. "That tickles!"

I chuckled, still running my fingers on the back of her knees. "That's the point,"

Adrian's face was red. She tried to swallow back more of her laughter but it only caught in her throat and she began to choke. "Get off, you big bastard!"

Chuckling, I stopped tickling her but remained on top of her, resting my chin on her chest and just staring at her as she tried to regain some of her dignity. I felt that familiar tenderness spread through my chest as I watched her flushed face die down to their natural pink. Her lips were slightly parted as she took deep breaths, her eyes closed. I admired the curve of her long lashes as they brushed against her rosy cheeks.

So beautiful, I thought wistfully. My chest tightened with want for this delicate little female. Knowing I couldn't have her made the ache in my chest grow to an excruciating level.

Adrian still had her leg propelled up of either side of my hips. My body covered her completely but she didn't seem to mind my weight.

Feeling the heat of my stare, Adrian peeked through one eye at me. "What are you staring at?" she grumbled, "It's your fault my face is red,"

Unable to help myself I lifted my head up and placed a lingering kiss to her cheek. She paused for a moment before she rolled her shoulders slightly, as if shaking off the weirdness or importance of it.

"So what are we going to do today?" she asked, pressing her hands on my shoulders.

I rolled over obediently, shifting so I could rest my head on my fist, staring down at her body. My eyes, against my will, drew to her chest which was still heaving up and down in a rapid pace. I could see the curve of the swells of her breasts and my mind slipped down the forbidden path.