Chapter Thirty

[Kat's P.O.V]

"Reinforcements?"

"About an hour away,"

"Weapons?"

"Check,"

"Location?"

"Check!"

"Transportation?"

"Check,"

"...Tampons?"

Three pairs of incredulous eyes turned to me.

"What?" I asked defensively. "It's my time of month, alright? I want to go in prepared."

Silence met my remark. I scowled fiercely at their identical looks of male disgust.

"Whatever. Get your asses in the truck," I grinned sinisterly. "It's duck season,"

And what should have been a perfect scene ending, in reality finished with Rupert singing along, "Duck season, rabbit season, duck season, rabbit season..."

The guy was lucky I wasn't holding a gun. I would have shot his ass faster than Elmer Fudd would have shot Bugs Bunny if the dang rabbit would stay still long enough.

"Alright gang, lets move out!"

Climbing into the vehicle, I managed to hear Sam's heated words to his cousin before slamming my door. "Is it just me, or is it hot when she takes charge?"

I rewarded the lusty looking cousins with my middle finger.

                                                                                   ***

[Adrian's P.O.V]

I was once again brought back to the conscious world in the means of a cold shower.

I spluttered and hacked, burning my already dry throat. Water dripped from my lashes and I had to blink several times before I could make out anything in the dark room.

"Wakey, wakey, sleeping beauty,"

The taunting words had my sore back muscles stiffening. Unlike the last time, I wasn't disoriented and knew exactly what was going on.

And I was pissed.

Beyond pissed.

How could I have not seen this?! Was I so bloody blinded by emotion that I couldn't see the evidence that was so clearly laid out before me? Everything was pointing to one person - this person - and I had stupidly convinced myself it wasn't possible. That it wasn't possible enough to hate a person so much that you'd run them out of town, stalk and kidnap them.

But, I was wrong.

I was wrong about a lot of things, it seemed.

"Jenna," I hissed hatefully, glaring into those unnerving eyes.

Jenna flashed me her perfect smile, the one many would mistake for innocence, but I saw right through that conniving smile. Pearly white teeth stood out in stark contrast to her ruby red lips and newly tanned skin. Dressed in a simple, yet elegant white dress that brushed the tops of her knees, she looked like an angel, her red locks of hair curled to perfection.

But I knew it all to be a front. The truth was written clearly in her evil eyes.

"Hello, Adrian," Her husky voice, the kind that would make any man weak-kneed, was sickly sweet. I could feel my teeth aching. "I'm liking the knew accessory," she gestured to the chains I was hanging off.