Chapter Thirty-Two

[Adrian's P.O.V]

It wasn't long before we heard the sirens.

"Fuckin' hell!" bellowed Jason's dad. "Who called the cops?!"

The room was still pitch black. I heard grunts and curses as the large men stumbled and collided with each other, boots scuffing the ground. My heart rate sped and for a split second I allowed myself to believe everything would be okay. The police were here! We were saved!

Something cold and sharp pressed against my throat.

Maybe not.

"Don't move," Growled Jenna, pressing the knife flush with my jugular. "We're getting out of here. Don't make a sound."

I hung limp on the wall, too stunned to react as she swiftly unlocked the chains.

"Idiots," I heard her mutter when one of the minions let out a loud curse along with a thump that sounded suspiciously like a body hitting the ground.

When the cold, scraping manacles released me from their tenacious grip, Jenna immediately twined her hands in my hair, jerking my head back and earning a gasp of pain from me. She moved behind me and pressed the knife deeper.

"We're getting out of here,"

As we fumbled around in the dark, me held in her rough grasp and in more danger than before, we made no sound. I desperately wanted to shout out to Caleb - surely Jason had gotten him out of the chains by now? But I was in no position to try and attempt a grand escape like in Electra.

Finally, I heard Jenna fumble with a door handle. Before I could react, Jenna had yanked the door open and shoved me through it. I stumbled and lost my footing. My legs and arms ached and my hands caught me as I fell on hard concrete. My wrist gave out beneath me and I gasped aloud at thepain that shot up my arms. The skin of my palms broke and I felt my jeans rip on my knees.

Hot tears burned my eyes but Jenna was relentless. She twined her hands back in my hair and yanked me up.

I cried out and tried to slash at the wrist tangled in my hair but the hot throbbing pain in my wrist prevented me from doing any damage.

"Get up!" She hissed menacingly.

Obediently, I stood, whimpering. My legs trembled to the point where I was in jeopardy of slicing myself with her knife. Where the hell did she get that knife?! Did they sell them at a store especially equipped for psychotic teenage girls?

"Oh shut up, it doesn't hurt that bad, you big baby."

I wanted to punch her and asked her if that hurt.

"Come on. Trey isn't going to wait all day."

Why wasn't I surprised Jenna had manipulated her boyfriend to kidnap?

I never realised where we were, and until this point I hadn't really cared. All I cared about was getting to safety with Caleb. I now realised the ramifications if Caleb and I had miraculously managed to escape.

Surrounding us were woods. The house where they kept us in was a little, innocent looking cabin that, if it hadn't held such terrible memories, I could see myself vacationing at.

Jenna urged me forward and together we stumbled blindly in the woods. Jenna obviously knew where we were going but I rapidly losing my sense of direction - what little there was in the beginning anyway. I was trapped in the humid air, my wet skin dampening with natural perspiration.

After ten or fifteen minutes of tripping on rocks and branches cutting my skin, Jenna finally stopped us. I panted and tried to run a hand across my damp forehead but my aching wrist stopped me. I moaned low in my throat and Jenna shushed me.