Chapter 5

"Where are we going?" America whispered to Argentina, arms around his older cousin. He'd been having a bad feeling ever since he woke up. Everyone was giving him strange looks and sad eyes.

Why does everyone feel pity for him?
Why isn't everyone angry?

Maybe they are angry at him.
Maybe they're acting and pretending to be nice to him.
They might stab him in the back as soon as they reached where ever they were taking him.

But can he blame them?

After all he is a horrible person. Maybe he deserved all of it?

He don't deserve their love.

Still America feared what to come, after all they're his family they've been with him since...forever. He burned out his usefulness and needed to be cleared out. Argentina patted his head once again. Alfred looked down at his hands, they were shaking but he can't help it. He's scared. He's very scared.

Just like they predicted. America condition was worse just as they were driving to his southern home.

No matter how much they comforted him and promised nothing bad the nation still shook like a leaf, and from the way his eyes darted from one road to another like he wanted to-

"Alfred no!" Ecuador exclaimed grabbing the running blond by the collar.

"No!" America cried out as he tries to wiggle his way out. He hated it when people hurt him but it hurt way more when he knew his family hurt him. He don't want to feel that pain. He planned on going to the city, find a bank and move to Hawaii. He planned on Alaska first but that's right next to Matt's land. Even when his older cousin pulled his arm and tried to pull him into a hug, he still tried to escape. He needed to leave. He needed to leave now. He kicked and screamed and did anything he could but it didn't work.

"Alfred stop now!"

Alfred stopped, fearful eyes staring at his older cousin. He just got yelled at. The names are going to come next. He closed his eyes waiting for the horrible words but it never came.

Ecuador immediately lowered his voice. He forgot his cousin was terrified of yelling, loud noises, and people raising their voices, "I'm sorry Alfie, just- just..... relax, okay?"

No, they were gonna do something. He knew it, he just knew it. This place was way to small.... Oh no.

What if they wanted to hit him or something?

No, no, no.

"Where are we going?" He whispered.

Everyone looked at each other. Should they tell him?

If they did, how would be react.

They didn't before and look at what that did.

Alfred was scared, they weren't gonna tell him were they? What if they were going somewhere bad.

"It's a surprise Al," Canada said.

"Oh...... a good surprise?" He whispered again. He flinched a bit as Argentina pulled him back but kept his eyes on Canada.

By good surprise, if getting him better counted, then yeah.

"Uhhh... yeah."

America slightly nodded and then started to stare out the window.

This wasn't right, it just wasn't. Usually Alfred would be cracking jokes here and there and making everyone laugh. But now he was shaking and quiet, it wasn't even a comfortable silence.

As America looked out the window. He started to think about something.

Was he good enough?

He didn't deserve these people. He had, had wars with his siblings in the past and yet they still forgave him. He didn't deserve them.