Chapter 17

To say that Al’s government can work fast is an underestimate. When the government unite and all agree on something (which rarely happens) they work until as if it was one of those FBI  shows on TV. In fact even faster which makes the current situation even scarier.

The government had tried tracing America's phone but for some reason. It wouldn't connect. 

But where there's a will there's a way

And they knew they would find America.

The President looked down the list of emergency contacts for America.

Obviously he couldn't call Mexico or South America.

Wait. Maybe a close ally. Let's see… There was England and France and Germany and Japan…..

And the list goes on… and on…

Wait, weren't England and France, America's parents? About maybe a week ago they had called asking if the government knew where America was.

Maybe they knew now…...

Let's try France..

The President dialed France’s number and waited.

“Bonjour?” A french accent same through the other end.

“Mr. Bonnefoy, this is the President of the United States of America.”

“Ah, Monsieur Président. How may I help you?”

“Yes, a little more than a week ago, you and Mr. England called concerned about your son. At the time, we didn't know where America was. And unfortunately at the moment, we still don't know. I'm very worried for America's well-being, I haven't spoke to him in awhile. Do you happen to know where he is and what's happening?”

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

France started to think. Should he spill on what was happening at the moment? The Americas were in Texas and not D.C, which of course was his son's capital, so wouldn't that mean that they didn't want the government interfering with anything?

Nah, maybe they were in Texas for another reason. Plus, this was Alfred’s government. And they most likely just wanted to make sure their country was okay. Maybe they could help this situation too.

“Well, Ameríque hasn't been doing well lately….”

“Really?” The president asked, “Please do explain.”

“Of course…..”

The president listened carefully.

“Texas? Huh, thank you for your time Mr. Bonnefoy.” He hung up the phone.

“I'll be seeing you soon Alfred.”

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Canada walked back into the living room. Based on the look on his face, his family could tell something went wrong in the call.

But they also knew that they couldn't talk with Alfred around.

America, however, knew they were keeping something from him. He just knew it.

They…… they didn't trust him enough to tell him, didn't they?

Alfred suddenly felt the need to leave. He didn't want to stay in the same room as his family, who most likely were keeping something from him.

“Mattie,” He whispered, “What's wrong?”

Brazil answered for Canada, “Please Al, don't worry. Nothing’s wrong.”  

They didn't trust him to know.

He felt tears come up.

This is why you weren't supposed to trust, because you could always get hurt in the end.

Alfred stared at the piece of bread on the plate in front of him, picked it up and took a bite. He then got up and left the room quickly.

His family knew he was upset but no one went after him yet. They had to know what they were facing first.

“What did the president say?” Ecuador asked.

Canada sighed and shook his head, “He…. He's….. he's sending agents for Al.”

“What!?!” The others said.

“He knows that something’s going on since I said Al was sick but weather in the country is fine. I told him to stop calling and that Al’s fine with us. And… and….”

“Kanata, calm down,” Venezuela said.

Canada took a deep breath, “He said, since I wouldn't tell where Al was…… He would find out himself.”

It was silent.

“No, no, no,” Maria finally cried out, “That's the last thing we need!! Why is the universe against us!?!!!”

“What are we gonna do?” Uruguay asked, shaking his head.

“Okay guys, calm down,” Ecuador said, “Look. America's a big country plus Al’s phone is shut down so it will be hard to trace. We have time.”

Everyone nodded, he was right.

They still had time.

“You're right,” Colombia said, “We can plan out our next move.”

Canada nodded, “I guess I'll go check on Maska,” He rushed upstairs quickly.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

America was just laying on the bed with his face buried in a pillow. Who could he trust at this point?

Wait, maybe he was just to conclusions too quickly. Maybe they were going to tell him. Yeah, maybe...

There was suddenly a knock on the door. Alfred gave no respond and the person soon came in and sat on his bed.

“Al?”

“What's going on?”

“No-”

“Don't tell me nothing!! You're lying to me I know it.” Alfred looked up at his twin, “Why won't you tell me?” He whimpered.

It broke Canada’s heart. But he still couldn't tell his brother, “Just don't worry. Okay?” He sadly said.

America turned away from him. “Leave me alone.”
Canada sighed and put a hand on his brother's shoulder only to have America slightly tense under his touch.

He sighed again, got up, and walked out of the room.

This wasn't good, Alfred was now keeping his distance from them.

He didn't understand the reason why they were being so secretive

But it was for his own good.