Chapter 36

It really didn't take long for them to get up there.

America was peacefully sleeping on the couch, his head on Brazil's lap. He had been fighting off sleep a while ago, remembering what Ecuador said. But Brazil had noticed how tired he was and told him that he could go to sleep and they would wake him up when the rest of the family got here.

The younger nation had also been afraid of going to sleep, afraid that this was all just a dream and that the agents would find and take him. But Brazil had swore on his life that it wasn't and that he was safe.

That he would die before any agent laid a finger on Alfred.

So now, Braz was gently running his left hand through America's hair and watching some futbol.

Which was pretty hard to do at the moment.

He had made sure his cousin was nice and comfy, had a blanket completely cover him to give him some warmth, and had massaged his tense shoulders to try and relax him. But he still couldn't help but feel so guilty at how none of them knew of this.

Like damn, America was the third to last in their whole family, one of the youngest. You were suppose to watch out for the youngest... They were suppose to watch out for the youngest. But they hadn't.... They had failed.

They had failed Amer- Alfred. They had failed him.

There had been suspicions on something being wrong, something had just felt wrong. And yet, they didn't go with that.

The way America had been so determined to leave them, to go back to the government, they had all thought that they would treat him right...... Even when Ecuador kept calling and was told 'America didn't want to speak with him', they had believed it.

And even if they all had felt something off, they had believed all of it.

He heard America whimper and quickly looked down at his cousin. He was slightly moving in his sleep. "Al," He said softly, still running his hand through his hair, "What's wrong?"

At the sound of his voice and the relaxing feeling of Brazil massaging his head, America stopped. " 'm sorry," He sleepily whispered.

"We know," Brazil nodded, "We know. We'll protect you, I swear. Go back to sleep, ok? Everyone will be here when you wake up."

"Mattie, D, and Mar?" He missed his siblings so much.

Brazil smiled and nodded, "Everyone. Now go back to sleep Maska."

America relaxed and basically immediately fell back to sleep.

And that's when there was a knock on the door.

Brazil looked at it and carefully moved America's head off his lap, putting it on a pillow. He heard him whimper at the lack of contact.

"I'll be back Al," He ruffled his hair and headed to the door.

Once he opened it, he had to quickly move aside before one of his family members trampled him.

Venezuela grabbed him, "Where is he?" Honestly, she was such a mom. It was like their North American cousins and Columbia were her babies, if someone messed with them, her first instinct would probably be to castrate them.

The couch was facing away from the door, so they couldn't really see Alfred.

"He's sleeping on the couch," He replied, "You can wake him." He looked at Ecuador, "I know you wanted to keep him awake but he was just so tired." Alfred hadn't told Brazil that he had been running from his monsters and that was the reason he had been in the hallway.