Chapter 39

The meeting was over.

Nations were all heading out now.

America leaned against Peru's rental as some of his cousins put their bags in the back.

He closed his eyes and smiled as the wind blew through his hair again.

He really just wanted this to go live his life now, better. In a more stable place now.

But he hated the thought of going back to one of his houses..... to home.

He was afraid of the President or someone else from his government was there....

He slightly frowned but refused to whimper.

If someone was there waiting for him at his house, he would deal with it.

Face it.

And get through it with strength.

They wouldn't push him down again.

He wouldn't let them.

Not again.

He opened his eyes and saw Ecuador putting his bag in the trunk.

Mattie and Diego had accompanied him to his room to get his stuff. He had been afraid to go alone.

He still was pretty weary of being alone in certain places.

Little by little you know?

Little by little.

"You ready to go?" Peru came up and asked him.

He felt the wind blow through again and smiled. There was just something so calming about that. He nodded, "Yeah, lets go."

But then he stopped and looked around, and started to shift around nervously. He hadn't really spoke with his family about where he was going after the meeting... Like, would any of them let him stay with them?

"Um.... guys?" He asked quietly, his family all looked at him. He looked at the ground, "Um... I don't want to go home..... what if, they're... the-"

"You didn't actually think we were just going to let you go back by yourself, were you?" Maria smiled at him and he looked in shock.

"Al," Canada spoke, "We," He motioned to Mexico, Suriname and Argentina, "Were planning on coming with you. And then we'll switch with South (South America) when we have to head back to our countries."

Oh..... really...? They were going to- planning to stay with him.

He slightly started to smile.

They could, they would stay up late.... And- and maybe they could watch movies and hang out and go out for ice cream and yeah.... This would be fun.

Yeah.

He smiled and nodded, "T-thank you." Mattie told him to stop thanking them, because they were family and family helped and cared for family.

But still, he couldn't stop, he wouldn't stop thanking them. They had helped him so much, they cared for him, they were there for him.

They saved him.

He just owed them so so much.

His family all just smiled at him.

How the heck did he ever doubt this?

He would never forgive himself for that.

Ever.

"Let's go," Ecuador said.