Chapter 30

"Are you worried about him?" Barbados asked, stirring her drink. She, herself, was worried but Maria looked even worse.

So, stressed, so tired, so worried.

"Maria?" She asked, her concern for the girl only growing.

Maria's eyes snapped up and she looked at the girl next to her. She had been in deep thought, "Hmm?" She asked.

"I asked, are you worried about him?"

Maria once again did not answer.

She started to shake, "I didn't tell him I loved him." She whispered.

Barbados immediately reached over the table and grabbed her hand. She looked around. Where in the world was this girl's family when you needed them?

So after America was taken back by his government, Canada and Brazil had basically called their colonial siblings and Portugal to tell them to tell the other nations that they could go back home.

After a week and a half, the South American nations left Mexico to head back to their continent, Venezuela was the only one who stayed just to keep an eye on the rest of North America, since something obviously changed in her cousins. Canada also stayed in Mexico for his baby siblings.

The three of them were hit the most by this.

That was almost two months ago.

Now. The world was back for another world meeting. Today was day two.

"Maria-"

"Maybe we could have done something different," She shakily said. Maybe it was their fault America was taken away. Maybe they should have gave him a bit more space or maybe they gave him too little freedom.

This was somehow their fault... it had to be.

Barbados shook her head, "Maria, sweetie. Stop," She gently rubbed her hand, "You guys did everything possible, you went all throughout North America. You didn't kidnap him at all, you were saving him. You risked everything all for him. Alfie..... He just couldn't see."

She had been told the story of what happened by Canada. Not everyone in world knew though. It was just mainly America's colonial siblings, Portugal knew, a few of Brazil's siblings, some of South America and Mexico's siblings. That was all.

And she had to say. She felt bad and so hurt for the two continents. Her brother just couldn't see how much they had cared for him.

She was kinda hurt that he would doubt something like that. Even after all his family did for him.

One look at Maria, and you would just feel so sad for the girl. She wasn't her sister but, you know, being a sister of America and Canada and having good relations with them meant that she had been around her brothers' family many times and didn't mind them. She had grown fond of them.

So yeah, it was painful seeing Maria like this. She hasn't even seen Diego today. That wasn't good.

According to Mattie, Diego had scared America a few months back while he was still unwell and the boy still carried the guilt. He was thinking that maybe, if he didn't yell at America. Maybe... their brother wouldn't have left.

She knew that wasn't true....

"I didn't tell him I loved him," Maria whispered again, "I do..... I just couldn't say it to him at the time... I was so angry with him for calling them.... But..... maybe he feels safer with them.. Maybe we were wrong and they're treating him right... better than us. Maybe we...."

We messed up.

Yesturday, was the first day of the meeting. The first day North and South America had come back to a meeting after months. And it had been so quiet.