14

Lyra (1)

"Hey guys." I waved while walking into the gym. "Hey!" Bolin grinned before looking past me. "Where's Korra?"

"She couldn't make it today." I said. "But she says hi."

"Is everything okay?" Mako asked. I nodded, "She just didn't feel good."

The brothers nodded before continuing to practice. I looked down at the palm of my hands, how'd I do it?

I haven't thought about what happened at the Revelation when it came to my odd bending. "Do you guys happen to..." I started trailing off and when I looked up to them, they cocked a brow at me. I shook my head and put my hands in my pockets. "Never mind."

Mako slightly smiled, "I'm meeting Hiroshi Sato tomorrow."

I widened my eyes, "The Hiroshi Sato!?"

Mako nodded.

"I literally don't see you for a full 24 hours and you're meeting Hiroshi Sato!"

Mako lightly laughed, "I met a girl and just when I thought she couldn't be anymore amazing," My heart dropped. It completely shattered. He wasn't talking about me. "She ends up being the daughter of Hiroshi Sato."

I looked down to the floor, "She seems nice."

"She's great, Lyra! I think you two would actually get along really well."

"Yeah... I'd like to meet her." Lies.

"You could come with me! Asami - that's her name - is sending over a driver." Mako smiles. Asami... what a pretty name.

I shake my head slowly, "Oh, no... I wouldn't want to... impose?"

"No, no. It's going to be great. Come by here at noon, alright?"

I shake my head again, "No Mako, really. I have something to do tomorrow."

Mako slightly frowned, "Are you sure-?"

"Yes Mako! I'm busy so just drop it!" The two brothers jumped at my sudden outburst. I sighed, "... I have to go." I turned on my heel and left out the gym.

When I was on the ferry, Kano was there. I wiped away my forming tears when he started to walk over to me. "Hey, are you okay?"

I nodded, but Kano knew that was a lie. He didn't question it, however. Instead, he pulled me into a comforting hug. "It's going to be alright, Lyra."

I sniffled, "I hope you're right."

Kano pulled away and gave me a small smile. I looked down at my hands when I felt the same energy I felt at the Revelation shoot through my arms. When I heard my hand crackle and saw blue sparks, I widened my eyes. "You see that too, right?"

Kano nods, "How are you doing that?"

I shrug, "Two days ago, I was fighting an equalist and I... shocked him? I don't know what I did. But, he was in a lot of pain and smoke was coming from his body. I didn't strike him with lighting or anything. I just touched him. I didn't think about it until a little while ago."

"Wait, wait - Lyra is fighting equalists now? I haven't seen you in days and you're fighting equalists!" Kano laughs. Huh, Deja vu.

I too laugh, "I guess it has been awhile since we've talked."

"Yeah, since I asked you..." Kano trails off. I bite my lip and debate if I should go on my real date. "I did say another time. How about tomorrow?" Oh, I guess my decision was made.

Kano's eyes lit, "Yes!" He clears his throat, "I mean, yeah, sure."

"Great." I smile. "Meet me at the temple at noon?"

Kano nodded quickly, "Yup, I'll be there!"

I lightly laugh, "Okay, I'll see you tomorrow."

When I'm walking off the boat, I turn my head and couldn't help but slightly grin at how flustered Kano got.

Side note: I apologize for the short chapter but we're finally going to see some Kano x Lyra action (; I'm not very pleased with this chapter to be quite honest. I feel like it could've been  better when Mako told Lyra about Asami. What do you think?