42

Lyra (1)

We arrived at City Hall. My father called for a meeting with the rest of the Council and Chief Saikhan.

"Thank you all for meeting us at such short notice." My father said to them. Beifong and Chief Saikhan faced each other.

"Cheif."

"Lin."

They eyed each other until another person made themself known. "Have you news of Avatar Korra?"

When I saw Tarrlok, chills ran down my body. I hid behind my father. Mako noticed this. I ignored his stare.

"We do." My father pointed an accusing finger at the Councilman. "You kidnapped her Tarrlok!"

Offended, Tarrlok began to defend himself. "I am shocked you would accuse me of such an evil act. I already explained, Equalists attacked us and took her." 

"But there were no Chi blockers here last night. You planted the evidence, didn't you?!"

"That is a ridiculous accusation!"

From the railings, the council page popped his head out behind one of the pillars. "It's true! He took her! I was here when Avatar Korra arrived last night, but Councilman Tarrlok ordered me to leave. I was on my way out when I saw Tarrlok bring her down to the garage."

"That is nonsense!" Tarrlok yelled. "Everyone knows you're nothing but a squeaky-voiced liar!"

Beifong crossed her arms, "Why did you wait until now to fess up?"

"I was terrified to tell because... because Tarrlok is a blood bender! He blood bent Avatar Korra!"

We all gasped as we averted our attention back to Tarrlok. My father and Beifong got into a fighting stance, "Don't make this worse for yourself. Tell us where you have Korra!"

I got into position to attack as well. Tarrlok stood there frozen - angry because he got caught. When he made his first move, we fired, but then a sort of pain I've never felt before striked me.

Tarrlok began to blood bend us all. I groaned, trying to fight it. But it was no use. I could feel my muscles tighten and my veins pulse rapidly. My arms turned in ways I didn't know it could.

After a minute of him doing so, I fell to the floor, darkness taking over.

>>>

I gasped when I woke up. I looked around at my unfamiliar surroundings. I was in what looked like a basement. In the middle of the room was a large metal box.

My hands and ankles were tied up, leaving me unable to move. My body was sore due to earlier.

"Help!" I yelled. "Someone help!"

"Lyra?!"

I snapped my head at the metal box when I thought I heard Korra. Her voice sounded stuffy as it echoed.

"Korra? Is that you?!"

"Yeah, it's me! What are you doing here?"

I jumped when I heard footsteps from behind me. I turn my head around, Tarrlok was walking down the wooden steps.

"My life is a disaster now, thanks to you." Tarrlok said to Korra, frustrated.