30

Lyra (1)

I splashed the water with my feet while I sat at the edge of the pool. I anxiously waited for Korra so I could tell her what Shady Shin told me yesterday. She was quite busy, so I had to wait to tell her today.

"Why don't you come in? The water isn't cold." Asami said. I shook my head, "I'm okay here."

"You always like swimming in the pool. What's wrong?" Mako asked me. He knows when something is wrong, and two things are definitely wrong.

One: I could possibly be at a very bad man's house and Two: I didn't think it would bother me, but it does. I can't help but picture myself drowning under the water again. And I have no idea how to control this weird lightning power I have. What if I accidentally electrocuted myself right now? Or them?

"I'm still a little shaken up... since what happened." I frowned.

"We're all here, Ly. We got you." Bolin said.

"It's not just that. No one really knows this, but... I have this ability to shock people when I touch them? I don't even know." I sighed.

"Show us." Asami said.

"It comes and goes. Usually when I'm about to fight someone." I responded.

"How about I punch you? Maybe that'll strike something up." Bolin offered. I chuckled while shaking my head, "I'm good, thanks. I'll try though, on my own."

I extended my hand out and had my palm facing upward. I focused on the palm of my hand and the bolts that I knew were hiding in me somewhere.

After a few minutes went by, I started to feel something. Asami, Mako, and Bolin watched intensely, waiting for something to happen. And so was I.

Before I could feel anything else, one of Asami's butlers came in. "Avatar Korra has arrived."

I quickly turned my head.

"Hey Korra!"

"Glad you made it!"

"Welcome to paradise." Bolin said as he laid back in the water with his arms behind his head.

Korra sat down on one of the large pool chairs. "Looks like you guys settled right in." She said.

"Pretty much." Mako said as he began to swim towards the end of the pool. "Except someone forgot to ask her father if we could stay here."

Asami joined his side seconds later. "Yeah, but I smoothed it over with him. It's easier to ask for forgiveness than permission."

Bolin got out of the pool and walked over to Korra. "This is the greatest place in the world! Watch this, watch this!" Bolin straightened himself out and made his voice sound a bit more formal. "Fetch me my towel good sir."

While Bolin chatted with Korra, I looked forward at Mako and Asami giving each other googly eyes.

It would be nice if that was you... huh Lyra?

I sighed as I looked down at my reflection in the water. When Mako appeared next to me after a few seconds, I smiled. I didn't know if I was imagining it or if he was really next to me.

When I felt a hand on my back, I jumped then turned my head. Mako was beside me. "We're going to get dressed then do something fun. You in?"

I nodded, "Yeah, totally."

He helped me get up from the edge of the pool and as we walked side by side, I felt his hand brush mine. It sent me a spark I missed from touching him.

It would be very nice.

>>>

After we returned from the Sato's race tracks, which was pointless of me going since by the time everyone else had a ride, they decided to come back before I could get my turn, but whatever. Anyway... I started to get impatient. I had to tell Korra about Mister Sato and it can't wait any longer.

And with my rare luck, I got an opportunity to be alone with Korra.

As Bolin ran to the bathroom, about to pee himself, Korra asked if there was another one she could use.

"We have a ladies powder room upstairs, first door on your right. You can freshen up in their." Asami responded while Mako walked up behind her and put his arm around her. I tried not to roll my eyes in front of them, focusing on what I need to do.

"I'll go with you." I said as Korra started to make her way to the stairs. I grabbed her hand and practically dragged her up the steps.

"Hey!"

"First door on your- ha!" I barged into the powder room and made sure there weren't any lady butlers in here or anything.

"What's wrong with you?" Korra asked as she turned the faucet on and began to wash her hands.

"Well I ha-" Korra turned the faucet off and I quickly turned it back on. They have enough money to pay the water bill this week.

Korra furrowed her brows at me in confusion. "Okay, seriously... what's going on with you?"

"I have an accusation that Hiroshi Sato is working with Amon." I said rather quickly and in one breath.

Korra widened her eyes, "What?!"

I quickly covered her mouth with my hand. "Keep it down. Someone can hear you and we'll be in a heap of trouble."

She removed my hand away, "Why do you think that?"

"I can't reveal my source, but I believe them. And as much as I'd like to take Amon down, what am I going to do? So I had to tell you. You'll know what to do." I said.

Korra lifted a brow then chuckled while turning off the faucet. "Whatever your 'source' told you probably isn't a big fan of Sato."

She opened the door and started to walk out of the powder room. I followed her and tried to convince her, but before I could get a word out, we heard Mister Sato's voice from the room next to us. Korra and I looked to each other then looked around for anyone close by. We quietly walked to the door and as Korra looked into the keyhole, I pressed my ear against the door.

"Luckily the Cabbage Corp investigation has bought us enough time. Trust me, by the end of the week, we'll be ready to strike."

Korra and I looked to each other with uneasy looks before moving ourselves away from the door. We ran down the hall, down the steps, then passed the trio. "You're leaving?" Asami asked. "But I- I thought-"

We turned around and both started to make up an excuse. "Uh sorry, we forgot- we're supposed to air sit-" "baby bend" "no, uh baby sit my sisters and brother." "Y-yeah, see you later!"

We opened the double doors and ran out of the house.