29

Lyra (1)

It had been a couple of days since the incident with Amon at the arena. And with me. My shoulder doesn't hurt anymore with the help of Korra's healing and my fathers demand of bed rest.

Right now, I was helping Mako and Bolin pack their belongings at the arena since they need to leave.

"I really appreciate you letting Mako and Bolin stay with you. I was afraid if my dad said no, they'd end up on the streets again." I told Asami.

"No need to thank me. Of course I'd offer." She responded with a smile.

A minute later, I heard footsteps walking up into the attic. "Guys, great news. You don't have to go back on the streets. I talked to Tenzin and made all the arrangements. You can come live on Air Temple Island with Lyra and me!" I heard Korra say. I perked up and Asami noticed.

"I thought you said your dad would most likely say no?" Asami asked with her brows furrowed. I cleared my throat, "Uh... I guess he was in a good mood."

"Oh, we'd love to but-"

"Asami already invited us to live in her dads giant mansion! From here on out, it's gonna be the lap of luxury for us."

"Maybe we should say our hellos." I said. Asami nodded and we started to make our way down to the floor.

"Oh, hey Korra. I was hoping you'd stop by." Asami said. Korra's eyes landed on me and I shrugged.

"I was just leaving." Korra said lowly. "So, I guess I'll see you guys around... sometime."

"Why not tomorrow? I'd love to have you come visit the estate." Asami said.

"I don't know, I have some... avatar stuff to do." Korra's lame excuse made me roll my eyes. Bolin held up Pabu in front of his face and used a high pitched voice, "C'mon Korra! We all deserve a little rest and relaxation after all this craziness! We can swim in Asami's pool. It'll be fun!"

As Korra laughed, I walked over to her and whispered in her, "And if I'm going, you're going."

"Alright Pabu." She respondes before starting to head down.

"Great. We'll see you tomorrow." Asami said while waving to Korra, along with Mako and Bolin.

I turned to them, "Maybe I should start heading out too."

"Awe really?" Bolin frowned. "It feels like you just got here."

I chuckled, "I've been here all morning. I'm sure Asami can handle the two of you without me."

Bolin placed his hands on his hips. "We are a handful."

"If you need me, I'll be at the island. I'll see you tomorrow." I turned on my heel and started to make my way down the steps.

On my way out of the arena, I was surprised to see an all too familiar car outside. I ducked under the caution tapes and walked over to it. The window rolled down and Shady Shin gave me a smirk. "Hey kid."

"Shady Shin... what a nice surprise." I sighed.

"Where you headed?" He asked.

"None of your business." I started to walk down the sidewalk, but Shin only followed in his car.

"C'mon, let me give you a ride. I'm sure it's a long walk to the ferry."

"I'll manage."

Shin stopped the car suddenly, making me stop in my tracks. I looked over and his face had turned serious.

"I need to talk to you. I think I can help you with Amon."

Without hesitation, I walked over to his car and got in. Once I closed the door, he drove off.

"A few days ago, I saw Mako and his girl together. I knew he was with some Sato girl so I followed her. And turns out she's Hiroshi Sato's daughter."

I cocked my brow, "Yes, I know that. Get to the point."

"While we were in the van that night, someone radioed the driver, which was an Equalist obviously, and was Hiroshi Sato."

I widened my eyes. "What?! But Bolin was in the van too. He didn't say anything."

"Bolin was too busy freaking out and crying. I was listening in on that stuff. I wanted to know what the hell was going on and who was behind that bullshit." He replied.

"Why didn't you go to the police?!" I asked.

"You know my background, kid. What I don't need right now is getting myself involved with the police. They'll try me for anything. But with your dad and all, I figured you can handle this."

"What am I supposed to do?"

"Tell that Avatar chick, you guys are friends. Or your dad, or the Chief! I don't know!"

"Why couldn't you just tell Korra?"

"We don't exactly get along." He scoffed fed before glancing over at me. "Just do it."

"Alright, I will." I said. "But are you sure about this?"

Shady Shin nodded. "I'm pretty sure. But don't say you heard it from me."

I sighed, "Alright."