48

Lyra (1)

At the arena, there were airships and mecha tanks all around. Once we were in, we waited on the balcony' for Amon to make his appearance.

I watch the audience below us. I sure hope this works.

The crowd cheers as Amon is lifted onto the stage. "Thank you all for joining me on this historic occasion. When I was a boy, a fire bender struck down my entire family and left me scarred. That tragic event began my quest to equalize the world."

"That's a lie, Amon!" Korra shouts. Amon looks up at the balcony where we stood. We take off our masks, making people gasp in shock. "Or should I call you Noatak?"

Amon steps forward, "Everyone calm down. We have nothing to fear from the Avatar. Let's hear what she has to say."

Korra walks to edge of the rail, looking down at everyone. Mako and I stood inches behind her. I look down when my hand is interlocked with Mako's. I glance over at him just for a second.

"Amon has been lying to you! The spirits didn't give him the power to take people's bending away. He uses blood bending to do it! Amon is a water bender!" Korra points to him on the stage. This causes a louder reaction from his supporters.

"You're desperate, Avatar." Amon says. "Making up stories about me is a pathetic last resort."

"Your family wasn't killed by a fire bender. His father was Yakone! And his brother is Councilman Tarrlok!"

Amon chuckles, "An amusing tale. But I will
show you the truth." He takes off his hood then proceeds with his mask. A large scar runs down across his face. Everyone is shocked at the sight. And so were we.

"What?!" Korra looks back at us and I shake my head quickly, "It has to be fake." I was trying to convince more myself than her.

"I'm telling you, he's a water bender!" Korra urges them to listen to her, but Amon won. Again.

I let go of Mako's hand as Equalists begin to approach us. We back up while getting into our fighting stances.

"They don't believe me. It didn't work."

"We said what we had to. Let's get out of here." Mako told her while she looked to where our attention was. We begin to walk forward, ready to attack.

"I wouldn't leave yet, Avatar. You'll miss the main event." Amon catches our attention once more. I furrow my brows as people were being brought onto the stage.

Everything in me fell when I saw who they were. My father and siblings were tied around poles, their mouths were restrained as well.

"No..." I look back at Mako. "They got away! You saw them!" I turn my head back to stage. "We all saw them! They got away!"

When my siblings saw me on the balcony, their eyes widened. Their muffled screams broke my heart. My father's eyes were sad and full of fear.

"Tonight, I rid the world of air bending forever!" Amon raises his hands up as the crowd cheers.

"Amon, let them go!" Korra orders.

"You're welcome to come down here and try to stop me." The way Amon taunted us made my blood boil.

I grit my teeth, all the blood that flowed through me was hot. Every vein in me pulsed. It's like he was blood bending me right now. "You son of a-"

Mako tried to pull me back, "He's trying to bait us." I swatted my arm out of his grasp, "Don't touch me!"'

Korra ignored him too. "We have to save them!"

"The Avatar needs to be reminded of the power I possess." When Amon turned around and began to walk toward them, I lost it. I fire bend myself off of the balcony and onto the wall. I extend my hands back and shoot fire out from them, letting me run across the wall. As I was doing so, Mako fires lightning at Amon.