05 | Laurent

╔══════════════════╗

SKIN & BONES
v. LAURENT

╚══════════════════╝

THE EYE OF THE forest stared back at Lorelai Swan

THE EYE OF THE forest stared back at Lorelai Swan. Her feet were planted on the outskirts where grass faded into mud, where the trees began to clump together, where the woodland creatures hid, where Lorelai's heart always seemed to lead her.

In the months that passed, Lorelai's life had changed based on the Cullens. She wasn't going to the hospital for her check-ups anymore, she wasn't doing what she would with Jasper. It hadn't dawned on her until recently that she hadn't been in the forest since Jasper abandoned her.

The thought of it baffled Lorelai. Prior to befriending the undead, she spent nearly all of her time wandering throughout the woods. Nature always made her feel safe, content. She liked to think that no matter where she was, her heart would always lead her back to the forest. However, now that the Cullens were gone, she couldn't go back without thinking of them.

Despite the small tugging on her heart that told her that the Cullens would one day reappear in her life, Lorelai needed to move on. The only way to do so entirely was to act as though their disappearance didn't hurt her. She had to live life as she did before, of course with some altercations.

The last time she was surrounded by nature, her best friend abandoned her. Still, Lorelai was optimistic for once in her life. She knew one thing and one thing only: Lorelai Swan had to go back into the forest. She had to go back to a normal life.

Inhaling deeply, Lorelai nodded to herself, almost like she was encouraging herself. She took two steps forward. Those two steps became three, and three became four. Lorelai quickly found herself wandering further and further into the heart of nature.

Every few seconds, Lorelai went to open her mouth to call out to Jasper. Then, she would remember that he was gone. They all were, and after watching the seasons change, the only thing that had remained was that they were never coming back.

She sighed, pulling out the phone sitting in her back pocket. She unlocked it quickly and opened up the texts that had been sent to Jasper in the past few days.

rory :)
i miss you, asshole

rory :)
i've been trying to forget
you all and move on, but
it's pretty hard

rory :)
you know, you could
at least send a postcard
or something lol

rory :)
like i'm not stupid lol i
know you aren't dead