Chapter Thirteen~Run

Lost lots of readers being gone for those two weeks, hopefully I can get them back! Thank you everyone who is supporting me! It's super encouraging!

There are twenty four pages for you:)

We ended up watching a comedy movie once Gabriel got out of the shower. True to his own words, he took a 'normal' shower that lasted about fifteen minutes (although Victor informed me that Gabriel generally took forty minute showers). Meanwhile, Victor and I had spent that time cuddling with unspoken words between us. He seemed content to just run his hands gently through my wet hair and over my back, while I was able to absorb the comforting emotions he sent out.

There was still a screaming part of me that told me to get away from Victor, telling me to stay away from all of them, that touching them wasn't right. We were friends, just friends, yet his words and his promise came to mind and I'd have to be deaf to not hear the impossible love in his voice. How was that possible? Victor shouldn't love me, he couldn't-he'd only known me for a few days. Which is why I'd convinced myself it had to be infatuation, his love couldn't be pure like mine. It was a phase, one that he'd exit quickly. Where would that leave me then? He'd probably try to evade me, and then I'd have to suck it up and deal with it. My feelings couldn't be returned for long. However, I did selfishly let myself enjoy it while it lasted.

In response to having a lazy day, Gabriel French braided my hair into two individual sections once he came back, not even mentioning Victor's and I's position. He told me once I undid my braids my hair would be wavy, but I wasn't sure if that look would be good on me. If I was honest, I'd seen people as school do that and the top of their hair remained flat and straight while the lower half was wavy. It didn't look the best, and I wanted to avoid that hair style if at all possible.

It was mind numbing watching the movie. Gabriel had ended up stealing me to sit on his lap, while Victor seemed content to slowly and gently massaging my bare feet. I don't think anyone had touched me like this, but to the boys it seemed unimportant. The time passed quicker than it ever had before and when the front door opened for the second time that day, all three of us jumped in surprise.

Mr. Blackbourne looked as perfect as usual, his sharp features emphasized by the glasses he wore. He came walking through the door with Dr. Green right behind him. Mr. Blackbourne rose an eyebrow at our state but let it slide, he was however, holding my backpack as well as a nice shopping bag. My fingers itched to reclaim my bag wondering if they'd searched through it again. I gave myself a mental reminder to chide the younger boys later about searching through people's belongings, it was quite rude, especially to have done it right in front of me. I doubted they even noticed I'd caught them.

"Well isn't this the best welcoming I've ever had." Dr. Green chirped cheerfully as he came into the living room not even bothering to take off his shoes, "My favorite Angel waiting for me on the couch." He leaned down and gave me an unexpected kiss on the forehead, not minding or commenting on the fact that I was sitting on Gabriel's lap.

I blushed three hundred shades of red as his ever so slightly chapped lips brushed my skin, sending a hopefully unnoticed shiver down my spine.

"Appropriate behavior, Dr. Green." Mr. Blackbourne reminded dryly and his tone persuaded me to stand up so I was no longer cuddling with the boys. If Dr. Green was supposed to have proper behavior, I too needed to have it. Now that both of them were here, I'd be able leave in a few minutes. Volto was out there after all. The last thing I needed to have happen was to have him come and attack again.

"She's my Guardian Angel Owen, I only have one of them!" He defended as he pulled off his shoes, not bothering to untie them and dropped them unceremoniously to the ground.