Chapter Twenty Six~A Gift

I totally just got scared by my own shadow...

Gabriel directed me to the bathroom, both of us dripping wet. Luke was outside, still talking to North who was undoubtedly yelling at him. Kota was getting a towel from the linen closet to wipe up the puddles he'd left. After I'd pushed the two boys into the pool, Luke had decided we weren't even, and when my back was turned, he yanked me into the pool with him. The water had been absolutely freezing, and Nathan had nearly plunged in after me to pull me out. I'd laughed at it, but some of the others didn't find it as humorous.

"You want a shower or bath, Trouble?" Gabriel asked me.

I didn't even have to think about it, "A bath would be nice, Meanie." I didn't want to deal with a shower tonight, not when there were so many of them here. It would only take thirty minutes of fainting from me, and one of them knocking on the door trying to get my attention for them to find out how damaged I was. No, there had been onslaught of new information and facts this week, in a couple months if it was still a problem then I might ask them for advice.

"You can use the one in the master bedroom," Gabriel determined, "There's a jet bathtub there-you'll love it."

My face twisted into concern, "What about Mr. Blackbourne?" I asked, "I can just use one of the guest bathrooms."

"Nah," Gabriel shrugged off, "There's only three bathrooms, someone would have to wait, and that makes no sense."

I opened my mouth, wanting to offer that one of the others take the master bathroom, but Mr. Blackbourne himself spoke up from behind us as he came out of a room, "He's right," Mr. Blackbourne told me, and I turned to look at him, "and if either Luke or Gabriel use it, I know for a fact that they'll either put dye into my shampoo or something of the sorts."

Gabriel raised his hands in defense ,"Don't get me confused with Luke-he's the only fucker here that likes to pull pranks." Though he said the words, I knew he wasn't as innocent as he professed to be. They had after all just minutes ago squirted me with a water gun.

Mr. Blackbourne raised an elegant eyebrow, "Perhaps." Apparently, he wasn't convinced Gabriel was saying the truth either.

Gabriel rolled his eyebrows, "Alright, then you show her the tub, my balls are about to fucking freeze off."

He waddled down the hallway, his hands tucked under his armpits, his strides were wide, trying to avoid touching insides of his pant legs for some reason. But balls? I'd heard that word before with the same context that Gabriel was speaking of, but couldn't place its exact meaning. Maybe it was just a saying? Could I say that my balls were going to freeze off too?

My thoughts were stirred by Mr. Blackbourne who lightly cleared his throat, "Very well, Miss Sorenson, if you'd come with me."

My lips quirked as an image of him being a butler came to mind, but my lips leveled just as quickly not wanting to draw attention to myself. It was a weird habit of mine, even now I was trying to remain invisible when my Chosen knew more about me than perhaps anyone else in the world.

We followed behind Gabriel who was entering the bathroom I'd been in just a little while ago. He turned back to us, holding the door partially open, his eyes went to Mr. Blackbourne first, "I stashed some bubbles underneath the sink, make sure she uses them." His eyes then turned to me, "And you missy, you better take at least a twenty minute bath. If you're out too early, I'm sending you back in. You need to relax."

My eyes bugged out, thirty minutes, again? "What am I supposed to be doing for that long?" I asked, "Can't I just take a five minute bath?" I'd be able to 'relax' as he said it for at least two minutes then.