Chapter Twenty Eight ~A~

Oops, thought I published this before I went to work😂

If someone asked Nathan what had happened the last few days, he wasn't sure he'd be able to say. The world was a blur around him, moving too fast for him to even think about catching up. No, his world had stopped the same second Sang's heart had quit beating. The moment she'd taken her last breath. When she'd closed her eyes for the final time.

She was dead.

They hadn't even known her for two weeks, but her death mirrored that of the world ending. Nothing mattered. And nothing would matter ever again.

Except for revenge.

The moment Sang had released her last breath, her beautiful wings unfurling, no one knew what to do.

There were screams, cries, anguished words, and useless actions to try to bring her back. Dr. Green had tried to do CPR before he was forced to give up and even then he clutched her body to his.

Mr. Blackbourne had instantly called for an Academy ambulance, one that could heal an Angel, but he was told that she was dead and never coming back. There was nothing the Academy could do except for pick up the body up and bring her to a morgue. They talked as if she was a thing and not a person, not a pure Angel, not their soulmate. Even still, Mr. Blackbourne wasn't discouraged and he ignored his shaking hands as he called every contact he could think of. Surely in a world of magic, someone could bring the dead back to life. But there were was no one. Not even a single person.

Nathan had been one of the people crying, his tears wasted and useless. They were insignificant in comparison to Sang's-his Peanut's-golden tears that were rapidly drying on her porcelain skin.

He was joined by Luke and Silas. Both of whom were sobbing into their hands, it was strange seeing Silas, who looked so strong, fully breaking down, unable to even speak. Luke was on his way to hyperventilating his cries getting shorter and shorter only because he couldn't breath.

Kota was trying to help him calm down, shoving his head down in between his knees, but Kota was no better himself. He was counting underneath his breath, but he couldn't even get to ten before he remembered Sang's words. How she had been pleading for help, and how they'd been useless to do a single thing. Kota had been trying to bring her back by hugging her, surely even if she couldn't hear them, she could feel them. But nothing had happened, Kota had been holding her when she killed herself. He'd tried to pry her hands away from her, tasting her harmful magic himself, but he'd been unable to stop her.

The most vocal of them all were North, Victor, and Gabriel. All of whom were screaming at each other. Most of it was nonsensical words, and the rest of it was senseless blaming, of both everyone and themselves. They weren't listening to anyone, and eventually they gave up trying to calm them down, dealing with themselves.

Gabriel, North, and Victor seemed to ignore their tears, and just try to scream out their agony, their words jumbling over each other.

And when the ambulance did come, the paramedics had to tear Sang away from them. They didn't even let one of them come into the ambulance, they just put their soulmate onto the gurney, and drove off.

All they could do was watch as Sang was taken away. As her corpse would be dealt with accordingly. The love of their life was gone forever.

The funeral took place the next day, on Sunday when most people were in church. It was early in the morning, and the sky's were appropriately grey and clouded, but no rain fell. They were all in tuxedos, but none of them had shaven, and none of them had slept.

After the initial shock and horror of their beloved's death, Silas had shown them what had been mailed with the poisonous bomb. It had been an envelope full of pictures of Sang.