Little Flame

Ladies, meet Dumitri. He is Mikhail's only friend and they have known each other for centuries. Good looking somebody, isn't he?

Ember watched as Mikhail lowered his head. When their lips touched, her eyes drifted shut. The heat that was clawing its way through her body was shocking. She was a little surprised by her reaction to this large vampire. She never had any desire to have any romantic involvement with the opposite sex. Truthfully, her own gender didn't do anything for her, either. She had begun to think that she was what her grandmother, back in the day, would call frigid. Evidently not. She could feel the heat of desire climbing up her back and wrapping itself around her. She had heard her friends in high school talk about the effects of sexual desire on the body, she had just never experienced it. Until now.

Her nipples were hard points that chaffed against the soft t-shirt she wore. She began to rub her legs together to try to ease the pressure at the juncture of her thighs. Her skin was over heating and prickly. Just when she thought the sensations couldn't get anymore overwhelming, Mikhail cupped her bottom and encouraged her to wrap her legs around his waist. This caused two reactions at once.

He skimmed his lips down her throat and gently nipped the spot where he would mark her, causing her to throw back her head and release a loud throaty moan. The second was she realized she was rubbing herself against the very big, very hard ridge of his erection. Growling, he set her down. When he did, she whimpered in want. 

"I'm sorry, Ember. I had no right to do that. You haven't accepted me yet and I refuse to force you. I had no right to touch you  like that." Grabbing her, he pulled her close and she lay her head on his chest, shivering in need, while she tried her level best to calm her body.

Raising her head, she looked him in the eye and asked the one question that almost unmanned him. "Is it always like that?"

"When it's your mate, it is. But, I shouldn't have done that. You have not accepted me as a mate yet. Not to mention, you are completely innocent. I'm so sorry, Ember. It was not my intent to influence  you with sex. I just couldn't stop myself. After holding you almost all night, I merely wanted to kiss you. I never meant for it to go that far." The more he talked the more her heart felt like it was breaking. He was rejecting her. 

Crying out her pain, she pulled out of his arms and ran. She ran and ran. Somehow, she ended up in a beautiful garden. In it was a fountain with a long dragon in the center. She supposed some would find it creepy, however, she thought it was beautiful.

"It's fashioned after the Dragon Fountain in the Butchart Gardens in Vancouver

"It's fashioned after the Dragon Fountain in the Butchart Gardens in Vancouver. Mikhail was quite taken with it. Said it reminded him of the dragon that his people named him in his home country."

Ember turned and looked at the man standing just behind and to the right of her. He was tall like Mikhail, and like Mikhail, he was heavily muscled. Danger! It screamed through her mind. She could she him dressed in the draconian armour and holding the Dragon Sword that MIkhail had in the room she had just left. She supposed it was his room.

"He's looking for you. After you fled, he was kicking himself. He wasn't rejecting you, Little Flame. He was explaining why he should not touch you. You see, as mates you will crave each others touch. Even each others presence. It's just the way things are, Little Flame. I'm Dumitri, by the way. It's a pleasure to meet you."