DANGER

Mikhail awoke all at once. Laying there, he realized what had awakened him. Ember lay on his arm with him turned on his side facing her. Her gentle breath blew across one of his nipples and moving the hair on his chest. He never knew that his nipples were sensitive. As he was lying there contemplating this, Ember, still asleep, did something unexpected. Her tongue reached out and licked his nipple. He tried to be quiet as a shudder of desire viciously ripped through him. She proceeded to curl her hand into his chest hair and tug.   What she did next, almost guaranteed to get her fucked, despite her innocence and lack of readiness for him.

"Hmmmm, Mikhail. You taste good. When can we do this for real?" Mikhail watched through eyes heavy with desire as his mate's eyes opened. The force of her desire for him hit him full force at her sleepy stare.

"Ember, do not test me. I am holding onto to my control by a thread. If I take you now, you would not get much enjoyment from it." Getting up, he padded naked to the shower, resolving to take care of his erection.

When he came out of the bathroom, Ember was nowhere in sight. He could still smell the scent of her arousal. It was a scent that would probably stay in his nostrils for all time. Going into the kitchen, he found his beloved mate and his best friends talking and laughing together. Instantly he was jealous. Dumitri reared his head at his entrance and noted that his friend was troubled.

"Good morning, my friend. Your little beloved is an entertaining young lady. She is a master storyteller and has a wonderful sense of humor." Dumitri listened as Mikhail grumbled under his breath. Smiling, he realized his friend was jealous of his interaction with him. "Relax, my friend, your little mate is safe from my attentions." He watched as Mikhail walked to the coffee pot and poured himself a cup and then made his announcement. "I know who it was, and you're not going to like it."

Growling, Mikhail turned to where his beloved and his friend were sitting at the counter. His beautiful beloved was wearing a pretty green top that brought out her freckles and added depth and dimension to her red hair. She was wearing a pair of jeans and flats, while her long hair was tied back from her face with a scarf and her hoop earring accented her delicate shell ears.

Going to her, he picked her up and set her in his lap, holding her to him. "Go on." 

"It's your uncle. It seems that he has never forgiven you for all of the death and destruction you caused with your anger and wrath against the Turks." Dumitri's expression was grim.

"I see." Dumitri felt a shiver a fear skirt down his spine at his friend's words. He knew that Mikhail was an extremely dangerous vampire. As far as he knew, there was none more deadly. When he spoke in that quiet voice with no emotion evident on his face, he knew that the anger boiling in his veins would soon reach a tipping point. And when it did, Dumitri hoped it was on his uncle and not on someone innocent, just to be an outlet.

Mikhail stroked his hand down Ember;s back as she shivered as well. The action seemed to calm her, even as it calmed him.

"Do we have a location for him yet?"The question was brusque and abrupt.

"Our men traced him to an empty warehouse downtown, close to Ember's apartment. Surveillance equipment had been set up to watch her. By the looks of the things we found, he was using humans. We found at least two weeks of video tape. How he knew to target her is something that we had yet to figure out." Dumitri had decided to save the worst for last. "Mikhail, he killed the old man last night. Drained him and eviscerated him and hung him on his storefront.

Ember while repulsed at the news, suddenly realized that they were talking about Mr. Popov. Screaming, she turned and buried her head in Mikhail's shoulder. Mikhail, knowing the affection the two had for each other, rocked Ember, while trying to soothe her, promising retribution.