Gender(s)? What!

"Your highness, if your would please get up on the exam table. We'll begin shortly. I just need to get everything ready." The older man looked at her over glasses that had slid down his nose, as he smiled. "Normally, I would be ready, but my assistant is out today. Personal reasons." He again smiled at her, to which Mikhail growled low in his chest.

"Mikhail! Stop! He's simply trying to help me relax. Your growling at him probably doesn't help. Now, come over here and lift me up on this table. Being short and then having this rather large belly, makes it difficult." Mikhail walked over to his precious mate, smiling. Her belly was indeed large. As her pregnancy had progressed, so had the size of her abdomen. They had begun to suspect twins early. Not long after the ball, she had started showing and had rapidly gotten to this point, not two months later.

"I am sorry, my love. I am still possessive of you. Now that you are carrying our child, it seems to have gotten worse." Mikhail smirked as he smoothed his mate's gown up over her belly and tucked it so that it would stay. 

"Uhhh, Mikhail, if I'm this big now, what will I be like in five or six months when I'm close to delivering? I'm almost scared t think about it." 

"Ahh yes, here we are. Now, My Lord, if you would stand on the other side, I'll get started. My Lady, this gel is going to be cold. Again, I apologize that I was not properly prepped." Ember let out a sharp shriek when the gel was squirted on her stomach. "Shit! That's cold. Where do you keep it. The refrigerator?" 

The couple gasped as an image appeared on the screen, enraptured

The couple gasped as an image appeared on the screen, enraptured. "Twins. You were right, my love. Look at them." Mikhail could only whisper. The sight of the babies held him in a thrall. Ember lay on the exam table, tears streaming down her face as she watched the small blips on the screen. As she and Mikhail watched, they both flipped around and began to move towards each other. They ended up looking like they were hugging each other.

When Ember mentioned this to the doctor, he smiled. "We actually see this type of behavior a lot. Twins often develop their close bonds in the womb. I have heard of twins that can feel each others pain and each other's emotions. Have you considered any names yet?"

"No. Not yet. 

"We were wanting to make sure of the gender if possible." Ember replied.

"Well, You Majesties, it would appear that you have one of each. One boy, and one girl. Now, you can begin to choose names." The doctor said with a gentle smile.

Just then Ember realized that her mom and Alexandrov would be around to see the babies. When the reality of their deaths set in, she felt a tear slip down her cheek. In the next second, her mate growled as he realized what a target his mate and children were for his uncle. It was time to find him and kill him. 

Ember was shaking in her sorrow. So, Mikhail wrapped his arms around her and lifted her up and close to his chest. The sound of his heartbeat would always calm her down. Just as it did now. 

After leaving the doctor's office, Ember declared that she was starving. Their guards followed them to a Mexican restaurant, and kept watch while they ate. After which, they went home because Ember was always sleepy after eating. Yawning on the way in, she smiled up at Mikhail as he carried her in and up to their rooms. She was asleep almost as soon as he lay her down.

Leaving Ember in their room to sleep, Mikhail went to his office to be joined by Dumitri, Midge and Bertie. They were the three people, outside of Ember, that he trusted implicitly.

"What do you have?" He asked as he looked at the three of them.

Dumitri was the first to speak. "We have tracked him to a farmhouse north of the city. It appears to have been abandoned for several years. He and his Human hit squad are staying there for now. The don't even realize that they have been spotted. His crew has planted false deeds of purchase in the county database so everyone will leave them alone. I don't like it. He's a little too quiet for my taste." Finished with speaking, Dumitri looked at Midge.

"It's strange really. There's been a young man coming in for the last three weeks. He comes in twice a day, buys coffee and a pastry, looks around like he's looking for someone, then leaves. I took the liberty of pulling his picture from the security cameras. Here is everyone a copy." Midge returned to her seat after handing out copies of the photo of the young man. There was something about him that seemed very familiar. But Mikhail could not figure out what it was at the moment.

Looking over at his trusted manservant, Mikhail raised an eyebrow. "Bertie, anything?"

Bertie's answered floored everyone. "Yes. Look at the picture of the young man you each hold in your hand. Look very closely. He reminds you of someone, does he not? Now, picture him with bright red hair and freckles and you have your answer. Well, one of them, at least." Bertie smirked.

Mikhail gasped, as did both Dumitiri and Midge. "A brother. Looking for his sister. A connection. How is this possible? Ember said she didn't have any siblings!" Dumitri ranted, thinking it another trick of Mikhail's uncle.

"No Dumitri. She said she had none that she knew of. She couldn't say for sure, because she didn't know her father." Just then Midge's phone rang. With their sensitive hearing, they all heard the entire conversation.

"Midge, you need to get back here. That guy is back again. This time, however, he's demanded that we produce Ember or he will tear the place apart. Midge, he's growling and his eyes are glowing. I don't know what to do, I'm scared." Mikhail could hear Cassandra, one of Midge's employee's crying. 

"I'm on my way, Cass, and I'm bringing backup. Just keep him occupied until we get there." Midge snapped her phone into it's case and stood. Looking at the three vampires in the room, she said, "You are going with me aren't you. I mean, after all, this is probably Ember's brother, and a werewolf. I'm gonna need some serious muscle, and you three are it."

Mikhail shrugged and stood signaling the other two to follow him. They soon arrived at the bakery, only to find Cassandra backed into a corner with only a chair between her and the rather large young man. He was easily Mikhail's size and possessed all of the muscle. However, he had not yet learned to control his temper like a mature bear. So, Mikhail did the only thing he could think of. He grabbed the cub and spun him around to face him and quickly punched him in the jaw, knocking him down. At that point. Dumitri and Bertie grabbed hold f his arms. 

Mikhail held up his hand in front of the young werebear, indicating that he wanted his attention. "Be still, cub. Your sister is safe and well in my home."

"A vampire! How can my sister be safe from you!"

"Because she is my beloved and because of that, I would never harm her, in any way." Mikhail growled when he thought about the danger they were facing. "She will enjoy meeting you. She thought she was alone until we met. You can come and meet her if  you would like. If you behave. No more tantrums. You'll scare her and make her miscarry." He watched the young bear's eye go wide at the news of their relationship and pregnancy. "If you upset her, brother or no, I'll kill you myself. Do you understand me, cub? Well, do you!"

At his nod, Mikhail signaled for him to be released. When he was, he dusted himself off and simply walked out of the store to wait on the others