Chapter 7

Chapter 7   The Big Change

I woke up in the morning to the smell of bacon and eggs. I pulled down the covers to see that my goodnight was very wet. I mushed it around a little, it was still warm, I must have just peed in it. I still had my father's shirt on, I smelled it and had a few flashbacks. I remember when I was 6, he used to pick me up and put me on his shoulders and walk around with me on them, it was always so fun. When I was 7 and lost my first tooth, he took me to a fancy restaurant to celebrate. I missed him a lot, but I didn't want to cry anymore, it didn't seem to help any. I got out of bed and went downstairs to find Amanda in the kitchen.

"Morning sleepy head." Amanda said.

"Morning, what time is it?" I asked.

"Almost 9, your breakfast is on the table right there, eat up then you can go have a shower and get dressed. Teresa is going to be over in about an hour to come help shop for your room."

"Okay." I said as I sat down.

I ate all of my bacon, eggs and a piece of toast, boy was I hungry. When I was done, Amanda took my plate and I went upstairs to take a shower. I took off the big t-shirt of my dad's, and then my wet goodnight. While I was in the shower, I heard someone open the door and then shut it again. When I got out, I found a green and white sweat suit with a white top, and a new goodnight on the counter. There was also a brand new toothbrush and a hairbrush for me to use. I brushed my teeth, then my hair and found a hair tie in the drawer near the sink. I put my hair in a high ponytail, dried myself off and put the new goodnight on. I didn't really want to wear it, but it was there and I didn't want to have an accident in my pants in public again. Once I was dressed, I went downstairs to see that Teresa was already there.

"Good morning Lyra, how are you today?" Teresa asked me.

"I'm good, how about yourself?" I asked in return.

"Doing great!" she answered.

"Hey Amanda, I don't have any deodorant and I don't want to be smelly today, can I borrow some of yours?" I asked.

"Of course sweetie, it is in my room on my dresser, go put some on and get back downstairs so we can leave." She said.

I went back upstairs and went into Amanda's room and found the deodorant and put some on. Once it was on, I went back downstairs. I got my shoes on and we all went to get in the car. I got into the backseat since Teresa was with us. I didn't say much on the car ride to the store. Just nothing but small talk coming from the front seats. We slowed down finally and backed into a parking spot in front of Walmart.

"Well, let's go to the bedding department first." Teresa said.

We all walked to the back of the store and I was actually kind of excited, I got to redo my room!! Yay! I was told that I could pick out a bed in the bag. I was looking around and found a completely white bed in the bag with My Little Pony characters all over it. It was really cute. It had a cute looking reversible comforter with rainbows on it. There were clouds on the pillow cases. I loved it! We then went to another part of the store and I picked out a bunkbed with a real bed on top and a desk at the bottom. Amanda said because she was a teacher, she could get me a really good deal on a laptop. We then went and got bubblegum pink and white paint. I also got a pink bean bag chair and a pink area rug. My room was going to be really cool!! There were even long light blue curtains with clouds on them for the balcony door that also matched my bed set. I kind of felt bad that she was spending so much on me, but then again it was her choice. She also bought me a dresser that matched everything, as well as a TV stand. She got me a small 27" TV that was on sale for $150.00 that was a pretty good deal too. Right when we were ready to check out, Amanda pulled me aside.