Chapter Seven

The day was finally there, he was going to Hogwarts. He had been waiting for this for what felt like hundreds of years.

When he woke up that morning he jumped out of bed and took a shower quickly. He tried to fix his hair and wore his favorite outfit. He had already packed his trunk a week beforehand.

He ran down the stairs after shrinking his trunk. He said goodbye to the goblins and flooed to the train station. He went near the barrier and immediately saw Hermione, who looked a bit confused.

"Hello." He said to her after walking over.

"Hey, how do you get there?" She asked him. She seemed embarrassed that she didn't know.

"You walk through that barrier." He said, pointing to it.

"Are you kidding? I can't tell if you're pranking me or if that's actually what you are supposed to do." She said, looking at him quizically.

He chuckled slightly. "That's actually what you do, do you want me to go first?" He asked. She nodded skeptically. Harry quickly walked through, followed by her and her parents.

"Wow." She said.

"Yeah, magic is quite cool." He replied, smiling. She nodded again.

"Do you want to go in now so we don't have to spend forever looking for an empty compartment?" She said. Then she started blushing, "Well, I mean, that's if you want to sit together, we don't have to. But... if you want to." She stammered slightly.

Harry smiled at her. "Yes, we'll be sitting together." He told her. She breathed a quick sigh of relief.

"Okay." She said. She said goodbye to her parents and they entered a compartment near the back of the train. They talked for a bit, Hermione was just as, if not more, excited as Harry was for Hogwarts.

About ten minutes later, a boy their age walked in. He was pale and had light blonde hair and grey eyes. "Do you mind if I sit here?" He asked them. Harry and Hermione both nodded. "Thanks, I'm Draco." He told them.

"I'm Hermione and he's Harry." She told him.

They continued talking for a bit. "My parents were so shocked when they saw Diagon Alley." Hermione said.

"Wait, you're a mudblood?" Draco asked her.

"Don't use that word." Harry said immediately, glaring at Draco.

He blushed, "Sorry, habit, my parents... they say that all the time. I don't agree with them though." He said quickly. Harry nodded.

"What's mudblood mean?" Hermione asked.

"It's an offensive word for muggle borns. It means that if your parents were muggles, then your blood is dirty." Harry explained.

"Oh." She replied. "Do a lot of people think like that?" She asked, sounding worried.

"Not anymore. There are still some however." Harry told her.

"Oh." She repeated.

They sat in an awkward silence for a bit before eventually going back into conversation. They talked for the entire ride until they were about ten minutes away.

"We should get on our robes." Harry said. The other two nodded and they quickly did so. Soon after, the train stopped.

They got off quickly, following the other students.

"First year's first year's over 'er!" They heard being called.

They walked over to an abnormally large man who had been calling it out.