Chapter Sixteen Part One

The days continued, it was June already. To Harry, the year went by incredibly fastly, but that seemed to just be him as he heard so many complaining about how long its been.

Quirrell seemed to be beginning to disappear so much more often, when he was back he looked like he was anticipating something and not sure if he was happy or nervous beyond belief.

It was almost curfew and Harry was heading back to the common room. He heard mumbling coming from around the corner. He turned and looked, seeing Quirrell. He couldn't make out what he was saying, but there was nobody else in the halls, he was seemingly talking to himself.

Harry glanced at the turban. His scar tingled uncomfortably. He looked away and headed to his dorm room. "Where were you?" Neville asked when he walked in.

"Library." Harry replied immediately. He wasn't lying, he'd been in the library researching possession.

"Course you were." Neville laughed. Harry smiled at him. He went and laid down on his bed, not bothering to change.

He instantly fell asleep, he knew what he was going to be doing tomorrow.

《》《》《》《》《》《》《》《》《》

When Harry got up, he dressed quickly. He walked into the great hall, seeing Quirrell already there. He greeted his friends with a wave when they came in and nothing else.

When he saw that Quirrell was leaving, he stood. He walked to the door. "Harry! Where are you going? You haven't even eaten your food yet." Pansy called after him.

"Yeah, I'll just... yeah. Bye!" He replied, distracted. He waved back at them without looking and continued after Quirrell.

He walked into an empty hallway. "My lord. Is it yet time?" He heard Quirrell whisper. His heart fell as his suspicion was confirmed and he heard a raspy reply he could not make out from the distance.

"We'll go tomorrow. You need more blood." Quirrell whispered.

What were they doing? What was going on tomorrow? Harry needed to know, and he planned to find out.

He ducked behind a statue as Quirrell walked by. Then he followed from a safe distance.

Blood. He was going to the forest to drink unicorn blood. Tomorrow they intended to do something important that required energy.

He needed to follow Quirrell. He was heading to class, it was Friday.

He would go to his classes and find Quirrell immediately afterward. Skipping class would get him detention and he needed to be free.

He was heading to DADA, he walked into the class, almost late. The class was with Slytherin. He sat down next to Draco, not greeting him.

"Harry." Draco said. Harry looked up at him.

"Yeah?" Harry asked.

"Where have you been?" He asked.

"I was finishing up some homework." Harry replied.

"What class?" Draco asked.

"Potions." Harry answered.

"What homework?"

"The essay." He told Draco.

"I thought you finished." Draco said.

"I needed to edit it a bit."

"Quiet everybody." Remus said. Harry looked forward, glad for the interruption.

"Today we're going to review some defensive spells." Sirius said.