Chapter Ten

When Harry woke up the next morning, he quickly took a shower and got dressed. He looked in the mirror and groaned at his annoying hair that just wouldn't stay neat.

He went to wake up Ron and then the two left to go to breakfast. Harry got his breakfast and coffee then downed the coffee quickly. When they finished, they walked out onto the quidditch pitch and waited for Madame Hooch to arrive.

Draco showed up not long after them so the four went and sat down. Harry layed down and put his head in Draco's lap while Draco played absentmindedly with his hair.

After about ten minutes, she arrived so we all went to stand around her. "Good afternoon, class." She greeted them. "I'm Madame Hooch." She added. The class greeted her in return.

"Welcome to your first flying lesson. Well, what are you waiting for? Everyone step up to the left side of their broomstick. Come on now, hurry up. Stick your wand hand over the broom and say, Up!" She instructed them.

The class all repeated what she had told them to do. "Up!" Was heard around the class. As soon as Harry said it, the broom flew to his hand, he had only flown once before when he had been seven and Ivy convinced him to while Sirius and Remus were asleep. It ended with the adults waking up and Harry getting in trouble for it.

Draco's broom went half way then fell back to the floor. Hermione's hand no reaction. Ron's flew up and hit him in the nose.

"Are you okay?" Harry asked, turning to face Ron.

"Fine." Ron said, rubbing his nose. "How?" Ron asked him, not needing to clarify.

Harry showed him what to do, it turned out he had been standing on the wrong side. The third time he tried, it worked and it flew to his hand. Then he turned to Draco to help him as well, then Hermione. Soon, they had all done it.

Madame Hooch kept glancing at him as he helped the others. "Now, once you've got hold of your broom, I want you to mount it. And grip it tight, you don't want to be sliding off the end. When I blow my whistle, I want each of you to kick off from the ground, hard. Keep your broom steady, hover for a moment, and then lean forward slightly and touch back down. On my whistle." She told them. She counted down from three then blew the whistle. Harry did it quickly as well as Draco. Ron and Hermione's brooms didn't move.

Neville immediately lifts off. "Mr. Longbottom." Madame Hooch said. "What are you doing?"

"We're not supposed to take off yet Neville." Dean said. Neville began to soar away.

"Mr. Longbottom!" Hooch yelled. Neville continued to soar away. He tried shouting commands like down but his broom continued to soar.

"Help!" He shouted.

"Mr. Longbottom. Come down this instant!" She said.

He soared through the sky and hit a wall, conking along it and then swooping off. He began to zoom back towards the group of students. Hooch started to look for her wand but she couldn't find itm

Suddenly, he fell off of the broom from pretty high up. When he was kind of close to the ground, Madame Hooch was still looking frantically for her wand.

Harry looked between them before pulling out his casting a spell that stopped him about five feet from the ground. Harry ran over to him. And slowly lowered him to the ground.

"Merlin Neville, what did you do?" Harry asked him.

"I don't know." Neville said.

Harry helped him up then turned to Madame Hooch. Neville was holding his arm in pain.