Chapter eleven

*Ryder's point of view*

After that little stunt with that stranger, Addison acted different.

That man was definitely a lunatic but I couldn't help but think that Addison knew him somewhere.

"Are you ok?" I ask as I clutch her shoulders, she looks at me worriedly and scared for a second before turning away and then slowly speaking.

"I'm fine, see you tomorrow Ryder." She says as she struggles out of my grip and hurries away.

I stood there for ages but once she was out of my view I rubbed my forehead and decided to follow her.

"Cindy cancel all of my meetings for the rest of the day." I nod at her before running out and getting into the car.

"She lives here now?" I ask her once I finally found her.

Marcus nods at me before I thank him and hop out of the car before walking into the building and finding her floor.

Once I get to her door I knock slowly and when she finally opens she looks so gorgeous in casual clothes, she gasps as her eyes widen.

Then she slams the door in my face, smirking a little I wait until she reopens it slowly.

As she finally lets me in, she gives me a weary look but quickly covers it up and locks the door.

I look over at Addison who was clutching herself on the other end of the couch.

"So what brings you here?" she says before taking a shaky breath, why is she so nervous?

"I followed you, and I know that sounds creepy and all but I need to ask you something." I say as I take of my jacket and my tie.

"Um, go ahead." She says while clutching to her jumper.

Here I go, although I think I know the answer I need to know if she does...

"You know that man, don't you?" I her which makes a flash of fear run through her eyes.

As I wait for her to speak, I raise an eyebrow at her when she doesn't answer.

"Why did you follow me exactly?" she says her voice with a tint of anger, knowing what she was trying to do I ignored her comment.

"Answer the God damn question, and don't try to the change the subject." I say getting a little angry, I guess I cared about Addison now...

"Why? Who wants to know?" she says her voice cracking, her face screamed fear and I felt so bad for her.

"Who do you think Addison? If something is distracting you from work then I need to know so I can deal with it and you can continue to work properly." I lied it wasn't just for work I actually care about her.

"Well, I don't need your help and it's not distracting me from my work." She says before glaring at me sadly and then leaving the couch.

"Addison wait." I say before grabbing her arm and spinning her around to look at me.

I hated that she was nearly crying but it just made me more curious to know if she was lying or not.

Seeing her confused eyes follow me, I bit my lip before staring back at her and then speaking

"I'm sorry but I- I care about all my employees." I say wishing I didn't but it was true I did care about my employees.

All of a sudden her gaze turned from sad to angry, she clenched her jaw and yanked her arm away from me, I stood there shocked for a second before covering it up to listen to her speak.