Chapter 3

It had been four months after her breakup. Kara had thought about finding another job since Paul worked on the floor above her, but with her losing her insurance; she couldn't. As the head of H. R. opened the office door, she gulped, "Hello Kara, please come in."

Kara had a bad feeling in her gut as Felicia's secretary glared at her. Felicia smiled as she opened her file, "Kara, it says here that you have used all of your sick days, but you continued to miss work. Can you please explain?"

"I've brought a doctor excuse every time. They are still doing test to find my diagnosis."

Felicia sighed as she wrinkled her brow, "I'm sorry, but we are going to have to let you go."

Kara's eyes widened, "What?! Why?!"

"If we let you stay, then we have to give everyone else fare treatment, you understand, don't you?"

Kara felt numb, "What about my insurance?"

Felicia pursed her lips, "You may purchase Cobra."

"That's $900.00 a month!"

"I'm sorry, I just can't help you. You may collect your things."

Kara held back the urge to lunge across the table and strangle the catty woman. She closed her eyes and sighed, "Fine."

She paused as she heard Felicia behind her as she left, "Good luck."

"Fuck you."

"What did you say?"

Kara smiled as she cleared her throat, "Fuck... you... Did you hear me that time?"

Felicia pursed her lips, "Get out."

Kara strolled slowly to her desk but stopped when she spotted Paul waiting, "I heard about what they did."

She rolled her eyes, "Good news travels fast."

"What reason did they give you?"

Kara knew that they would keep that part secret, "None of your business Paul."

He wrinkled his brow as he stepped to her, "Kara.. I.."

She snapped her face to him, "Don't you have some STD to go catch? Leave me alone."

In the distance, Andrea Cash watched the scene play out. She was dating the owner and CEO of the company Liam, but always had a thing for Paul. She watched as Kara grabbed her box and walked out. Paul pouted as he leaned against the wall.

On her way to the lobby doors, the front receptions phone was ringing on a special line, but the receptionist was gone

On her way to the lobby doors, the front receptions phone was ringing on a special line, but the receptionist was gone. She smirked as she picked up the receiver, "Owens Pharmaceuticals."

The man had a heavy South Pacific accent, "Liam Owens please."

"Sir, his line seems busy, can I direct.."
Kara stopped when she heard him curse in Japanese. She growled as she spoke the language back, "What is your problem?!" The man fell silent. She waited for a moment, "Hello?"