IV.

"Hello, darling," a voice slurred in my ear

I jumped and quickly turned to face a group of men staring down at me.

Their dilated eyes and disheveled appearance told me they weren't in their right state of mind.

My heart started to accelerate and panic settled in.

I moved away from the men and began speed-walking to the bar. I could hear them hollering at me, but I was in my own world.

It's just a bunch of drunk men, that's all. There's no way he could find me here. He probably thinks I stayed local and sent his men to search the county.

I doubted he would leave Los Angeles just to find me, right? How would he be able to track me?

My thoughts were stripped away when I got shoved against a wall. I grunted from the impact and looked with wide eyes at the men surrounding me.

The man who talked to me before leaned in and smelled my hair. I quivered under their stares in fear as I looked around for help.

We were in the back corner of the club and with them surrounding me I couldn't see past them. I just hoped Maria would realize I was missing and come to find me.

"Now where do you think you're going? It almost looked like you were trying to run away." He said with a feral smile.

I gulped as he trailed a finger on my skin. I could feel a panic attack about to start as it became harder to breathe. I struggled to take deep breaths as the man and his friends continued their taunts. I whimpered as I smacked a hand away.

"What? Do you think I'm not good enough for you?" The man snapped as he inhaled my scent again. I whimpered again as I clenched my eyes shut. I prepared for him to strike when a deep voice rumbled in the air.

"She said to leave her alone and I suggest you do so before it's too late," the voice growled.

The men turned to face the newcomer while I kept my eyes shut to calm myself down. I heard a few mumbles and footsteps before it was just the loud music going through my ears.

My breath was shallow from my lungs being deprived of air. I was trembling, but relieved when the panic attack didn't reveal itself. I didn't want to cause a scene.

"It's okay. It's over," the deep voice said. The voice was soothing compared to the seething rage that it had held beforehand. I opened my eyes and held in a gasp as I saw my rescuer.

He was huge. He towered over me; he had to be at least six feet tall. Tattoos covered his body, his dark short sleeves showing it was from the wrist up, going up to his neck.

His dark hair was swept to the side, partially covering one of his glowing green eyes. His jaw was sharp and chiseled, the stubble running across it making him look rugged.