XX.

"According to our intel, Lorenzo was spotted in Chicago yesterday

"According to our intel, Lorenzo was spotted in Chicago yesterday. He supposedly had some business he needed to take care of. We can only assume from the information we have that it was about an arms deal. All this information came from our men who had successfully infiltrated their main base a few months ago–"

"Just like Angelo did. Look how well that fucking turned out," Xavier cut Erik off with a scowl before leaning back in his chair. I stayed quiet in my chair and let Xavier vent. He tugged at his hair in frustration. "God damn it, what the hell did Angelo find?"

"We're still trying to figure that out, boss. Angelo was a precise and calculated man. Whatever he found out had been big enough to kill him over." Erik insisted.

"But we don't even know where Angelo was killed." Xavier said in a low tone.

Erik sighed in exhaustion.

I took a good look at Erik. The man looked like shit, his hair a mangled mess and dark bags underneath his eyes. His clothes were wrinkled and I thought I saw a few stains on them. I knew he was working day and night to solve Angelo's murder and I had faith that he would. But he wouldn't do us any good if he was deteriorating before our eyes.

"Are you doing okay, Erik? I know Angelo's death has been hard on you." I asked, concerned for my friend.

Erik sighed. "Although we rarely saw each other since he was always on a mission, Angelo was a good friend. I'll feel better when we bring him peace wherever he may be. I already started to grieve the first couple of weeks when Angelo never reported. But to know that he really is...it's hard to grasp."

"He was one of the best." Xavier added and Erik snorted.

"You know just as much as I do that he could be a real asshole, but he was loyal to a fault. It's hard knowing that he won't share the latest CD or puzzle he ordered online. He deserved better, and I'm going to help whenever I can."

I looked at Xavier and he gave me a subtle nod, silently agreeing with my thoughts.

"I think you need to rest, Erik. Go to bed and be back by tonight," I glanced at my watch and saw that it was barely noon. "Be back around eight," I ordered.

Erik opened his mouth to protest.

"But I also need to tell you about some footage I gave John–"

The look Xavier and I gave him told Erik that this wasn't a suggestion. Muttering under his breath, he started putting his things into his bag.

"Real quick, the footage I found showed–"

"John is here. If it's that important, we will find him. And you better not be working on anything until you come back." Xavier called out as Erik left the office.

Erik only sighed in agitation before the door closed.

"Diva." Xavier muttered but let out a small smirk.