XIV.

"W-What?" I stuttered as I looked around the halls, wondering if he was talking to someone else

"W-What?" I stuttered as I looked around the halls, wondering if he was talking to someone else. Since I only spotted the two guards standing by Maria's door, I was sure he was addressing me. I rubbed my ears, wondering if I heard him right. I should get my ears checked.

Kiss me? Like me, me? Me kiss him? What?

Damon had to be joking. I let out a weak laugh, stopping short when I saw how serious he was. I didn't know how to take that.

Sure, a part of me was screaming in excitement at the idea of kissing this man. It was ready to grab his suit and pull him down to have our wicked way with him.

But a larger part of me refused to give up my first kiss in this manner.

Bad Rosaline. Bad!

I pointed at myself. "Y-You but–me–kiss–huh?"

Damon's smirk seemed to grow at my flustered state. My cheeks were a firetruck red as he looked at my lips intently. He was making my brain short-circuit if he didn't stop.

No. No. No!

"Are you sure that's what you want? I can clean your house or give you five bucks? How about–"

"All I need is your lips for mine to remain sealed," Damon smoldered as he took a step toward me. A strange warmth spread through my body at his words. I instantly took a step back, shaking my head frantically.

"On the cheek? Not the lips, right?" I squeaked as I found myself trapped at the end of the hallway. Damon took the opportunity to prevent me from escaping, wrapping his body around me. I cursed myself as I recognized this particular trap from Elysium. I eyed the security guards looking at us and embarrassment seeped into my bones.

Damon noticed my discomfort as he moved his body to shield me from their unwanted eyes. Damon leaned down so his face was directly next to mine, his breath caressing my hot cheeks.

"Wherever you want to press your lips is up to you, Flower. Just a tiny kiss," Damon murmured into my ear. A delightful shiver went down my spine. "But I want you to know that I'm getting the poor end of the deal. I can think of plenty of other places I would prefer your lips against."

Oh my.

This man had a mouth that would put all the characters in my romance books to shame. While I have read tons of heated moments in books, this situation has never happened to me. I could almost believe that I was still dreaming. I tried to control my breathing and find a way out of this situation.

"B-But aren't you scared if I have cooties?" Damon pulled away to look at me with his brows raised.

"Cooties?"

I nodded in a serious-like manner, grateful for the space.

"A lot of boys are scared of them. I understand if you change your mind. I mean, who wants cooties? You know, I should get tested. You don't want me to kiss you. Then having to deal with shampoo treatments and washing all your sheets. Seems like a real pain. Maybe we should come up with a different deal," I rambled as Damon watched with amusement. He knew I was stalling for time and was going along with it.