IX.

I stared at the entrance to Elysium

I stared at the entrance to Elysium. It was already busy, the crowd overflowing the entrance and the security guarding the doors. I tilted my head to the side, hearing the satisfying crack from my sore neck.

I had been restless all day, knowing that I had to interact with Rosaline tonight. I didn't know what it was about this woman. If Xavier ordered me to follow anyone else, I wouldn't have been as hesitant as I was now.

"Hey, Asshole, are you inside yet?" I heard Xavier's voice from my earpiece. I sighed in annoyance. I was still outside leaning against the wall.

"Not yet. About to head in." I muttered. I heard Xavier's chuckle and my scowl deepened even more. If he were here, I would have strangled him. Unfortunately, he was already inside, in the VIP room to keep an eye on Maria.

"Use your charm to win her over. I had a chat with Frank and he said security is keeping an eye on everything, focusing more on the bar area. I wonder why that is." Xavier said casually.

I could just picture the smirk on his face. I knew he was baiting me, but damn if it wasn't working.

"She shouldn't even be working tonight, much less at Elysium. Security or not, she is still vulnerable," I growled and Xavier started howling with laughter.

"You are going to have trouble on your hands. Update me when you're with her." Xavier said before he checked off.

"Go to hell," I grumbled before I decided to get my ass through the entrance. The crowd of people moved to let me through, fear and lust in their eyes. I ignored them as I nodded to a security guard, letting myself inside.

I shoved my way through the crowds of people, trying to find my mark.

"Hey, watch it!" A drunk man slurred. I turned and glared at him, a feeling of satisfaction spreading as the man paled.

"I would watch where you are going," I growled as he nodded rapidly before scurrying away. Amused, I turned and kept searching. My eyes latched to a small figure that was chasing after a familiar redhead.

My chest clenched as I admired Rosaline from afar. Her uniform fitted nicely,not skin-tight, but showing her figure nicely. Her dark hair trailed down her back, flying around as she moved.

Her pale skin radiated against the club lighting and I tilted my head in fascination as she held the trays delicately.

Damn it, did she have to look so angelic? It was almost starting to piss me off.

Almost.

I watched as Maria helped Rosaline place drinks at a table before they both returned to the bar. Making my move, I sauntered to where Rosaline was talking to Michael.

Watching them interact brought a feeling of jealousy and I felt my chest rumble in anger. I started walking faster.

Rosaline must have sensed my presence, perking up and meeting my eyes. I couldn't enjoy looking into those dark depths because of the negative emotions building up.