XXXI.

"In the last few weeks, Campbell's been doing some cover-ups from the public eye – one for battery and sexual assault

"In the last few weeks, Campbell's been doing some cover-ups from the public eye – one for battery and sexual assault. Campbell has also been getting friendly with a lot of politicians. He's been trying to make more alliances and business deals, so he is attending more events and galas." Erik reported.

Xavier nodded at the information.

"So he's buttering people up and trying to get into their good graces. Probably hoping to make a few deals," Xavier said as he passed John a file.

"I've been keeping an eye on his business transfers and nothing is raising red flags. He's making sure not to leave a trail." John added.

"Have we found anything on Angelo yet?" I asked in exhaustion, rubbing my eyes.

It had been a few weeks since Xavier ordered a search of Angelo's room for a clue to his riddle. We searched through every drawer and found no written notes or flash drive.

"We found nothing besides personal belongings and his fucking collection on CDs." Erik rolled his eyes in annoyance.

Angelo loved collecting CDs. He had all kinds of CDs. Music, movies, pictures, home videos, and instruction manuals– Angelo had them all. There were shelves upon shelves of CDs in his room. It was bad– especially when he started stealing CDs from everyone in the mansion.

"We're missing something." Xavier passed and tapped his chin thoughtfully. "It has to be in there. He never went anywhere else on the property when he came to visit."

I closed my eyes. "If I were Angelo and wanted to keep something private, I'd hide it in plain sight, putting it somewhere that people would easily glance over. We have looked through every nook and cranny except for..." I trailed off and opened my eyes to look at Xavier, who wore a shit-eating grin on his face.

"Clever." Xavier stated simply.

We watched as realization spread over Erik and John's face.

"You're fucking kidding me," Erik protested. "You want us to look through every single one of those? He had thousands of them."

"Then it's a good thing you don't have anything else to do. Cancel all my meetings and meet you in Angelo's CD Shop." Xavier said before we left the office, John right behind us.

~*~

Angelo's room was in another building on the property.

Because of his rank, he didn't have his own wing but shared it with our other officers, including the twins and John. The men lived on the first level and the women on the second level. Of course, not all of our officers lived on the property, mostly families wanting to live in other parts of the city.

Once we got to his room, I took in the sight of the shelves and CDs. Angelo's room was large, like the others in this building. The walls were practically covered in CDs from the floor to the ceiling.