XXXIII.

Happy May everyone!

Can't believe we are almost half-way through the year, as well as half-way through the book (page wise - not really sure chapter-wise). 

So excited to share the rest of it. For now, enjoy this new chapter!

XOXO

-L

"Rosie, everything is going to be fine

"Rosie, everything is going to be fine. Why don't you have some tea with me?" Maria held my arms to stop my pacing, feeling my body tremble underneath her hands.

"Everything is going to be fine," she repeated. "Xavier and Damon handled worse. Garrett isn't going to hurt you or any of us. We're safe, we're all freshened up, and now we can have tea to settle the rest of our nerves."

I twisted my fingers tightly in my hair as Maria led me to her kitchen table, where everything was already set.

"I'm sorry. I'm still new to all this and Detective Benson freaked me out. I just need a distraction from everything." I told her softly. I picked up a teacup for a sip, but my hand was shaking too much. Tea started to spill out so I quickly put it back on the table. Maria grabbed a napkin and cleaned up my mess.

She sat next to me and gently started playing with my hair. I melted and Maria laughed.

"Your hair is your weakness. It's like a soft spot. I wonder if Damon takes advantage of it." Maria wiggled her eyebrows and I looked at her in confusion.

"What do you mean?"

"You know..." Maria trailed off, waiting for me to understand whatever she was implying.

"Know...?" I drew out.

Maria rolled her eyes at me, sending me a teasing smile as she sipped her tea. "Sex, Rosaline. During sex."

All my nervous thoughts came to a screeching halt. My face turned tomato red.

"W-what? M-me and Damon are– what?"

Maria coughed, choking on her tea as she cackled.

"Y-your face! I'm going to pee my pants!" Maria wheezed.

I pressed my hands on my cheeks to cool them. I waited for Maria to calm down, sending her my best glare.

"S-sorry. Was that distracting enough?" Maria asked and I shook my head at her.

"That's not what I meant, but it did temporarily," I covered my face in embarrassment. "Out of everything you could've talked about, you chose my sex life!"

"You wanted to be preoccupied, and I'm bringing out my best material!" Maria defended, but she couldn't hide her wide smile.

I wish the ground would swallow me whole.

Maria continued as if I wasn't mortified by the turn of conversation.

"Isn't it weird that you guys have been together for over a month already? Remember in the beginning when I said he was all dominant and possessive in the beginning– not that he isn't, but he definitely toned it down for you. I really thought in the beginning he would put you over his lap and–"