XV.

"Mind telling me what that was about?" Xavier said, keeping his voice low as the girls left our line of sight

"Mind telling me what that was about?" Xavier said, keeping his voice low as the girls left our line of sight. "I didn't realize I was getting a new caretaker who we are trying to get intel from."

"We need to get her in a safe environment. If she is in any possible danger, the mansion is the safest place. Besides, her guard will go down enough for me to get any possible information." I reasoned with a shrug.

Xavier rubbed his forehead in frustration, comprehending my logic.

"The whole point was to help Rosaline out because Maria was worried. I didn't realize she was moving in as well. We also have Boris, who's a better and more probable lead about what happened in Los Angeles. To be honest, we are grasping straws based on assumptions that Rosaline has any connection to the shooting," Xavier argued.

"You're right though, Rosaline does need our help. She's in trouble and our job is to help people who can't fight back. Isn't that why we exist? You saw her Xavier, she flinched when you tried to shake her fucking hand. You ordered me to watch her and damn well I'm going to make her my main priority. Let me help her." I said calmly but Xavier saw past my guarded emotions.

Xavier watched me for a moment before sighing.

"You don't have to remind me what we do for a living. My father wouldn't have given me the reins if I didn't. But this mission is becoming personal to you. We both know how our emotions can blind us and make us unreasonable," Xavier chided me. "As much as I tease you, are you sure you can handle this?," he asked me seriously.

I sighed in defeat as I ran a hand through my hair.

"I don't think I have a choice anymore. She's mine whether she likes it or not." I admitted.

Xavier let out a small smile before slapping me on the back. He pulled out his phone and sent out a text before looking back at me.

"While Rosaline is plotting your murder, why don't we check on our friend Boris? I'll have the doctor check on Maria and the baby, but the man isn't allowed to touch her. I need to find a female doctor. I don't want another man's hands coming near what's mine. Anyhow, let's go have some fun," Xavier said with a wicked grin and I mirrored it.

Time to get some answers.

~*~

The safe house where Boris was sent to was in a small field miles away from the city. It was surrounded by trees, strategically placed so no one would be able to find it at first glance. Even if they did, the guards surrounding the perimeter would deter anyone from getting too close.

I nodded to a few security guards as they led us into the small warehouse. People were walking around with different files and typing information on their computers. Erik walked in our direction waving a file in his hand.

"Good, you're here. I got information on Angelo's autopsy and Rosaline Sinclair that you've ordered, boss." Erik said proudly. I looked at Xavier with a raised brow.