Yes

LABINGPITO

"Sandro.."

I looked up and saw my twin on my doorway. Tumalikod ako at binalik ang tingin sa alak na hawak ko. Alexa sat beside me bago inagaw ang beer ko.

"Akina nga yan Lex." I spat. Tiningnan lang ako ng kambal bago inilayo sa akin ang bote. Yumuko ito before sighing.

"Sandro you have to tell her the truth."

"No." I firmly said. Alexa stood and inched her face closer to me.

"Okay. In case you don't notice, your son hates you and your wife is heartbroken because of you and your secret!" she shouted. Umiling ako bago kinuha ang bote ng alak.

"I'll explain to Phoebe that Natalia came there for a visit. Yun naman talaga ang nangyari. Nagkamali lang siya ng--"

"When will you learn Sandro? Kung patuloy mong itatago kay Phoebe ang totoo magiging paikot ikot lang ang lahat. Natalia will forever have a hold on you at kahit kailan hindi ka na makakatakas sa nakaraan mo. You have to be brave and face--"

I whipped my head at binato ang beer malapit sa uluhanan ng kapatid ko pero hindi man lang ito natinag. I kept walking back and forth in my room knowing that my sister is right. But sometimes, it is not enough to do the right thing. You have to settle on the wicked way but atleast you will be ensured that the people that matters to you will be there beside you.

"And face losing Phoebe and Stanley?! Hell no Alexandra! Can't you see? Maayos na kami. Malapit na. I can see it. Stan will accept me as his father and Phoebe will love me again." Pahina ng pahina ang boses ko as I say those words. I know, everything is messed up now.

Seeing Stanley behave the way he did a while ago, it was as if my heart was ripped into two. Sanay na ako. I heard people calling me ruthless, a jerk a monster and a devil but nothing mattered to me. but hearing those same words on my five year old guy, it hurts the most. Pakiramdam ko napakalaki kong gago. Seeing Phoebe cry and yet wala akong magawa, nakakabaliw. I know if I explain to her everything I have to tell her the truth. And I have to avoid that. I can't tell her my past. I can't lose her.

"You're already losing them Sandro. Tell her the truth bago mahuli ang lahat. I t-think she will still accept you after.." hindi nito natuloy ang sinasabi at kusa ng tumigil. Natawa ako ng mapakla.

"Seriously Alexa? Sino ang nasa matinong tao ang tatanggap sa akin pagkatapos ng nagawa ko? Sagutin mo ako? Sinong tatanggap sa akin kung ako mismo hindi ko matanggap ang sarili ko? As long as this mark is on my back it will always remind me of what I did! Of what I did to..of what I have done to her..Alexa she will leave me, alam ko iyon." Tuluyan ng tumulo ang luha ko ng maisip ko ang posibilidad ng pag-iwan sa akin ni Phoebe. Alexa cried and hugged me too.

"Sorry Sandz. Kasalanan ko eh." She whispered. Umiling ako bago tumalikod sa kanya. I went to my bathroom and stripped my shirt off. Tinakpan ko ang salamin sa banyo para hindi na ulit makita iyon.