Bob

Chapter 5

I stared at him. "No. No. It can't be." Annabeth looked at me with what I thought was sympathy in her eyes.

"It is." She said.

"But that means... everyone I knew is dead." I could hear my voice raise in pitch, and my throat feel like it was closing off. Percy stepped forward and put a hand on my shoulder.

"I'm sorry. Really. But right now, we need to go. Are you coming with us, or not?" I blinked.

"You know the way out?"

"Yeah," Annabeth said, "but we need to find it first."

"I didn't think there was a way out. I've been searching for- well apparently for years."

"It's called the doors of death," Percy explained, "we need to find them, and close it. That means that no other monsters can escape, and we can get out."

"Ok," I nodded, "Can I please come with you?" Percy nodded and started walking, and Annabeth followed. I started walking after them, keeping my hand on my dagger the whole time just to be on the safe side. It was at that moment that I heard rumbling again and I spun arpund. Percy and Annabeth noticed my sudden movement, and turned to look at me. There, right in front of me, was a giant.

"You guys run, I'll hold him off!" I yelled, and I ran at it, my dagger outstretched.

"No, wait!" I heard Annabeth call, and I felt Percy's arms around my waist, dragging me back.

"What are you doing?" I shouted at him, "He's going to kill us!"

"No, no, no, it's alright." Percy said. He dropped his arms from around my waist and said "This is Bob. Bob's our friend, aren't you Bob?"

"Yes. Percy's friend. Percy is a good person. And Annabeth. Bob helps them!" The giant grinned. I looked at Annabeth for confirmation, and she nodded.

"Wow," I said, "You keep some weird company." Bob frowned.

"Bob's not weird." he said "Bob is a good friend and a good janitor." I looked at him scrutinisingly, then said

"You're right Bob. I'm sorry. I shouldn't have called you weird." Bob smiled at me and replied

"That is OK, girl."

"Isabella," I told him, "My name's Isabella"

"This is all very sweet," Annabeth interrupted, "But can we please get going?" I nodded, and turned back to follow Percy and Annabeth.