Aria (part II)

Chapter 7

Bob stopped helping us after that revelation. Another wave of arai flew at us, and I heard Percy yelling to Annabeth, guiding her in her blind state. "LEFT!" he yelled. I felt a claw scrape at my back, and I spun around, stabbing at the aria who was trying to attack me. The wound in my stomach grew bigger, and I clutched my hand to it, trying to slow the blood flow.

"BOB!" I called. No reply. I could no longer see through the massive swarming cloud of aria that surrounded me. "BOB!" I yelled again. "Bob, please! Please help me!" I slashed at the monsters. Nothing. I was going to die. I shut my eyes and fell to the ground, weakly stabbing at the aria, and I started gently sobbing. 71 years I'd survived down here, and for what? Ever since I'd joined with Percy and Annabeth, things seemed to be attacking us left, right and centre.

At that moment, the aria closest to me disintegrated. I looked up, and smiled weakly. It was Bob. "Thank you," I said, "Thank you so much." Bob helped me up, and touched my wound. It started healing.

"Isabella was nice to Bob. Didn't make him lose his memory. Isabella is kind. Isabella is Bob's friend." I hugged his leg.

"That's right Bob. I am your friend. Thank you." I looked over, and saw Percy being overwhelmed by aria. He looked as though he was about to collapse, and then he did. He was steaming. Literally steaming. That looked bad. I heard him whisper weakly

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry Bob. I should have been honest with you. Please... forgive me. Protect Annabeth."

"Bob." I said, in a definitive voice, "I think Percy is your friend. I've known him for less time than you, but he seems to have good intentions. Please, help him. Don't let him die. I've got a feeling he's important. And Annabeth needs him." Bob looked at me with doubt in his eyes, and I nodded encouragingly. "Please." I whispered. Bob looked at me one last time, then took off towards Percy, hitting the aria with his broom.

Percy had stood up by this point, but was to weak to support his weight, and collapsed back to the ground. Annabeth was wandering blindly, calling out for Percy, asking why he'd abandoned her. Bob walked over to her and touched her forehead. The white in her eyes disappeared, and she looked around wildly before spotting Percy. "What's wrong with him?" She asked, crying. "Can you fix him? Like you did with my blindness? Fix Percy!" I watched as Bob placed his hand on Percy's chest, then withdraw it.

"Tartarus kills demi-gods," Bob explained. What the hell was a demi-god? "It heals monsters, but you do not belong. Tartarus will not heal Percy. The pit hates your kind."

"I know!" Annabeth snapped. "Bob, I'm going on with or without you, Are you coming?" I saw Bob hesitate, so I stepped forward and put my hand on his. I looked at him with pleading eyes, and nodded as if to say, please, Bob. You know this is the right thing to do. Bob seemed to get my message, because he picked Percy up and slung him over his shoulder.

"Alright." Bob said. Annabeth managed a smile through her tears. She stood up.

"Right. Come on then."She said, and started walking. At that moment I had an idea. I knew who could help us.