Quest time!

Chapter 31

Annabeth was waiting for us in the Big House. "Hi!" She said, wrapping me in an embrace. I was so proud of myself because this time, I didn't stiffen up. I made myself breathe slowly, and hugged her back.

"So what's going on?" I asked. Chiron offered me a seat and I took it.

"Annabeth, if you would."

"Right. So, this morning, my cousin, Magnus, messaged me. He's asked if we can send someone to help him on his quest, and I said we'd see what you could do. I think you'd be perfect for this quest Issy! You can obviously fight amazingly well, you can travel fast, you can control the dead, which, trust me, will help when it comes to him and his friends, and you can heal really fast. If you don't want to go, I completely understand, I just think you would be the best person for the job." I blinked. Well, that was a lot.

"Well? What do you think Isabella?" Chiron asked me.

"Um, is Magnus a demigod too?"

"Kind of, yeah." Annabeth told me. "He's a son of the Norse god Frey."

"Wow, okay, um, just how many gods exist?" Annabeth laughed slightly and smiled as she said,

"A whole lot. Like, a crazy amount of gods. I try not to think about it too much, I think it's for the best."

"Right. Well, how long would I be gone for?"

"We're not sure." Chiron told me. "You should expect to be away for a couple of months I think."

"Okay. Can I think about it for a bit?"

"Of course." Chiron said. "Although, we would like your answer by the end of today if possible."

"Thank you." I got up to leave, talk to Nico, maybe talk to Percy, Annabeth and Grover. I'd previously been told that the group had been on a stupid amount of quests. I thought getting some insight from him might be helpful.

"Er, Isabella, would you stay behind for a second? Annabeth, you may leave." Annabeth smiled at Chiron and exited the room. "Isabella, I think it is imperative you go on this quest." He told me.

"What? Why?"

"I think this quest might be what is talked about in the prophecies. 'Save all existences.' I have not told the other campers yet, seeing as the war with Gaia has only just finished, but we are being threatened again. This time, by the Jötunn, giants. They have teamed together. The giants of our mythology are angry that we have destroyed their mother, and they have persuaded the Jötunn to join their cause. If we don't stop them, Isabella, they will destroy everything." Chiron told me gravely.

"I- I need to talk to Nico." I said. Chiron nodded and I left the Big House.

Nico was in the Hades cabin. He was lying down, something in his ears playing loud music that I could hear. He sat up as he noticed me, and held his arms out for a hug. I obliged, hugging him tight. "So, what's going on?" I pulled away and looked at him.

"Neeks, listen I... look, I know I've only just come back, but I think I might have to go again. Chiron has a quest for me and-"

"No." Nico interrupted me.

"You haven't even heard what I have to say yet!" I protested.

"I don't care. No. You're not going."

"Nico! For one thing, I don't need your permission, I came here to have a civil conversation with you. I know you've been on quests before, and I would like to be fully informed before I make any decisions. I can see that's not going to happen here though, so I'm going to talk to Percy, Annabeth, and possibly Grover if he's here and see what happens."