Rejection

Chapter 8

Moment's like these, is why we're born. To feel something so powerful and be connected to someone so deeply with just one look. Even with the stories my mom and grandmother have told me about finding their mate, soul mate or beloved, I still didn't believe in love at first sight, that a bond could hold to people together so tightly. But I have seriously underestimated it. Looking into his eyes as he plays with my hair, I don't think I have ever felt anything like this, he is mine and I am his. But even in this moment something in the back of my mind is screaming at me to remember something or someone, but right now, I can't even begin to figure out what, not with this god of a man in front of me. Everywhere his hands grazed my skin set me alight, breathing normally right now is a bigger battle that I could ever have imagined.

"How are you so beautiful and perfect, you're amazing, I can feel you're power radiating from you in waves" he said with a husky voice.

"I'm nothing special, I don't even think I deserve a mate like you" I told him honestly, what's he is feeling with my power is nothing, just a touch of what I can do. But he doesn't need to know that right now or who my family is. I don't want to overwhelm him just yet, accepting me as I am right now is something I would never have expected.

"I can't stay long, I'm on you're packs territory" he said sadly as he gently kissed my lips.

"Oh yeah, I didn't think about that, what pack are you from and how come you ended up here?" I asked, still caught up in his touch and voice.

"The Black Shadow Pack, I only ended up here by accident but I'm so glad I did because I found you. I'm looking for a pack member, I'm afraid something has happen to him, the last of his scent leads here" he explained.

"No other wolves have come onto our land in weeks accept for you, how long ago did he go missing?" I asked worried for his pack.

"Just a couple of day's ago, maybe they have just moved on" he said with a glint of sadness in his eyes but he wiped it away quickly.

"If I hear anything, I will let you know, what happens now?" I asked, genuinely not knowing.

"I can't stay here, but I can't not see you again, I want it to be just you and me for awhile, get to know each other before we have the added pressure of both packs. I want to enjoy us being just like this. I know I'm being selfish but I don't care, I have just found you. Can this just be you and me for awhile" he pleaded.

Right now, the temptation to search is mind is unbelievable, to find out every detail of his life and know everything about him straight away so we have no secrets. But that wouldn't be fair, intruding his mind without giving him the chance to tell me his life story as our bond grows. So I didn't, well not completely, I just need to see if his is sincere about us, if us being a secret is because he is ashamed.

Briefly, I read his mind, I couldn't see anything else is his mind because it is so consumed with our bond, with me and how he wants to enjoy us. After that I didn't search anymore, all I needed to know is that he is sincere and that exactly what I found.

"Yes, we can, I'm going to be selfish as well" I smiled.

"Good, I will give you my number, ring me whenever you can meet me, but I really need to leave" he said urgently as he pulled out a pen from his pocket and wrote on my hand.

Before he left, he captured my lips once more in a world shattering kiss, before he pulled away and shifted into his wolf as he ran towards the wood's. I stood there completely shocked, I have just found my mate and he has accepted me. My world started to spin and I sat down. The bond is already making me ache for him, how the hell am I goin to get through not seeing him every day and being close to him. When my mind started to clear, I could sense someone watching me, I don't know if they have seen everything that has happened or if their only here now. Turning around I tried to scan the tree's for who ever it is but there gone but I can't help but feel a familiarity to whoever it is. The person watching me didn't set off any alarm bells of danger, so I have to assume they weren't there to hurt me.