Soul Mate

Chapter 12

Climbing into bed, I lay there staring at the roof. How could I be so blind, he was too impressed and too interested about my power for it to be a normal curiosity. My stomach turned at the fact he think I would hurt my grandmother, with all his question's, he didn't seem to realise that I'm related to her or the fact that the dark angel's daughter is ruling over hell as we speak. All it would take is one look from my grandmother and she could rip his soul out and land him in the worst part of hell.

During dinner I should have pushed harder to get into his thought's and squashed any idea's he has of attacking the pack, does he think I would really be Luna to a pack he forced to follow him out of fear. He really is delusional and psychotic.

Closing my eyes, I prayed for sleep to claim me, all these thought's are hurting my head. I'm going to have to confront him before he makes a move. I can't believe I bought into his idea of keeping us quite so we could have alone time together before all the reality of leading a pack kicks in.

No matter what way I tried to get comfortable, sleep just won't come. I can feel tears threatening to break free because even with everything he is planning on doing there is still a bond, not the full blown one but still one, even if it's full of deceit and betrayal.

Burying my face in my pillow, I let out a huff. Then I felt the energy in the room change. Looking up I expected to find mom but instead I found Nate leaning against wardrobe. He is exactly as I remember, strong and mind blowing but something in him has changed, I can see a sadness he is trying to hide in his eyes. But something has changed in me too, my feeling' s towards him, I feel more drawn to him than ever before and I'm looking at him in a whole other light.

Sitting up, I faced him, which seems to has surprised him, like he didn't expect me to be awake.

"Hey you, it feels like forever since I have seen you" I smiled.

"It's been awhile since you have seen me" he said pushing off my wardrobe to walk over.

The closer he got the more my heart started to race, surprising me, I was always to some level of Nervousness around him but never like this, never to this extent. Thank god it's dark because right now I'm sure my cheek are glowing. Taking in his every detail as he walked over I couldn't help but think he is exactly what a man should looks like, he moves with a confidence that makes him sexy. Slowing he sat down on the side of my bed to face me.

"What's wrong Kara?" he asked looking at me closely.

"It's nothing, just realising how stupid I am, I can't fall asleep, too much going on in my head" I said looking away.

"You're not stupid Kara, far from it" he said as he placed his hand on my cheek and moving it so I'm facing him. His touch alone sent shocks through my body, not like the ones with Ki, these are completely different making my skin burn under his touch.

So I told him everything, about finding my mate, how the bond has been getting weaker and then the finale of what Ki is expecting to happen between my grandmother and me.

"Maybe you have another mate waiting out there for you to notice him and give him a chance to show you how you should be treated, to love you more than he could ever have imagine possible, to worship you for the beautiful and strong woman you're turning into" he said as he looked into my eyes, searching them.

"It take something like this to realise that person has been in front of you all along" I said realising exactly who he is to me now.

Then the realisation of what I have just told him kicks in and my heart drops into my stomach. Will he want me now knowing I accepted Ki as my mate, could he forgive me for that. Then the room starts spinning at the thought's of him rejecting me now. I'm trying to find the right word's to say next, or how to make this up to him. My mother and grandmother always said that the bond with a demon can over power all other bonds and you won't ever know their you're soul mate til they tell you or you fall for them. It's you're free will to chose them and not be forced by an instant bond. That's why their soul mates have always had demon running through them and why we have never mated with wolves, that bond doesn't hold up against a bond like this.