Ki

Chapter 9

Ki (Keith) POV

It's been weeks since Dillon got captured, I thought by now, he would have been released. That pack doesn't hide the fact that they have legendary Dark Angel on side and if everything we have heard about her is true, I'm sure she pulled whatever she needed from his head in seconds. So why the need to keep him is beyond me. It's not as if he's a threat, I can't believe I have to go lurking around that packs territory before I'm ready to attack. The other's won't go searching unless they move in three's and that's only asking for attention we don't need. Dillon and the other two morons were only sent to test their reaction time, not get their asses handed to them but then again I didn't know the Dark Angel would be there, that's something I didn't anticipate but it's only confirms her strength if what they told me is true.

Shifting into my wolf, I ran at full speed til I got to the border of their land. Slowing down, I searched for any sign that Dillon has come through here but I can't find anything. Getting closer, I still couldn't find a trace of him. Just as I turned to leave, a scent so intoxicating and all consuming hit me. My wolf took over, following the scent. Stepping into their territory, I looked around til I spotted the most unusual and beautiful wolf I have ever seen. But there is no way it's a female, the wolf is as big as I am. The shock alone of thinking my mate is a man is enough to gain control back from my wolf. But then, the wolves silver eyes met mine. There is no way it's a man, so I started walking forward the same time my mate started to walk towards me. My heart drummed in my chest for two reasons, the first because this is my mate and the second is it could be a man.

I took the lead and shifted into my human form, I saw my mate's eyes take me in but I need to see my mate now. I asked for them to shift, I closed my eyes briefly and prayed. Opening them, my heart raced, in front of me is the most beautiful girl I have ever seen and I have seen a few. But what hit me first is her power, it's radiating from her in waves. I couldn't stop myself, I had to reach out and touch her, wrapping her hair around my finger, it feels like silk, she is just amazing. I brought my lips to hers and my whole body lite up, electricity ripped through me. Breaking away, I knew she wasn't a pure blood but something stronger much stronger. She confirmed it when I asked and she actually thought I wouldn't accept her. How could I not, she is everything and more than I expected.

But I have no pack to give her yet, this just means I need to step up things and move quicker. I just hope she understands why I'm going to do what I'm going to do. It might take her awhile to forgive me but our bond will keep us together. Maybe she will even protect me once I'm there, she could be a match for the Dark Angel.

I just need to complete the bond first or even be close to it, she is the perfect luna and alpha female. Once I have her and the pack, I can change, I can finally settle down and be the man Dillon still thinks I am.