Childhood Bestfriends with Hollywood's GoldenBoy part34

COPYRIGHT - ALL RIGHTS RESERVED 2012

Chapter 34

Ari’s pov 

(I know you guys have wanted this for a while – it was kind of a spur of the moment thing to me to write, just felt it was time I guess. Hope it lives up to expectations: D)

After I wrenched open Chases front door, I watched Ella slam the car door behind her as it sat waiting for her on the driveway.

I was aware that I was stumbling forwards, about to run to the car, but Marissa held her hand up in the illuminated interior of the car in silent warning, her face cut so hard she could have been made of granite. Silently, she mouthed, ‘GO AWAY’

Then I saw the dim outline of Ella’s shoulders shaking next to her as she cried.

I felt my lungs tighten in pain like an iron fist was holding them.

All I wanted to do was hold her, to wipe her tears. I needed time to explain how sorry I was- how it was all a sick, twisted PR stunt my old agent had cooked up, dragging me along with his plans whether I wanted to or not. I hadn’t known I would return and everything would be so different with Ella. At the time I didn’t think whom I faked a relationship with in front of cameras for a week mattered, because it wasn’t real.

It was fake, like so much of my job is.

But, when I’d gotten back and first seen her, standing outside her living room window, ready to attack with that freaking spoon, looking so perfect with her wide warm smile when she was me…. I just knew it was the right time. That I probably couldn’t have stopped myself from revealing, somehow, to her all the feelings that I’d kept neatly folded away for years, trying not to slip up … not to let my kiss linger when I kissed her forehead or cheek, Not to let my gaze wander to her long legs, to only murmur that I loved her when I knew she was so lost in sleep she couldn’t hear me.

But I wanted to tell her now that I loved her, that we were anything but a mistake.

Having Ella in my life; as my friend and my Love, I can’t risk losing that.

I took a step forward, only to see Marissa glare at me as she hit the car into reverse and quickly drove out of the driveway, disappearing into the darkness of the main road.

“ ELLA! ELLA! ELLA!” I heard a strangled voice call, slowly realising it was I.