Apologize

That it's too late to apologize

It's too late

Said it's too late to apologize

It's too late

I take another chance, take a fall, take a shot from you

I need you like a heart needs a beat

It's not from you (Yeaaaa)

I loved you with a fire red and I was turnin' blue

And to say

Sorry like the angel

Heaven let me think was you

-Apologize One Republic

---------------------------------------------------------

"WHAT THE FUCK!" she screamed, jolting him awake. Robert sat up slowly rubbing his eyes, he saw Kristen in front of him and wiped his eyes again pretty sure he was seeing things. But she was really there.

"What happened?" he asked to no one in particular

"That's what I would fucking love to know!" Kristen said.

"The last thing I remember I was at the bar," he said

"That's what I remember too," she sighed as she sat down on the bed. "I don't know what happened but all the sudden you are in my bed."

Rob blew out a breath and ran his fingers through his hair. "This is so messed up."

"You're telling me! I have a girlfriend who is definitely going to kill me! why are you even here in New Orleans and where are the dogs??"

"Relax, Tom has them in our room and we are doing promotional things. Kristen, I'm so sorry."

"We are both at fault, just please leave." she sobbed.

"You might want some clothes on Kris" he giggled

"Shit!" she had forgotten she was naked. She tore open her suitcase, grabbing the first thing she saw.

"Why are you still here?" she cried when she came out of the bathroom. he was fully dressed now but still sitting on the bed.

"We need to discuss this," he said.

"Discuss what? the fact that I'm dead? the fact that yet another relationship of mine is probably down the toilet because I slept with you!"

"How do you know we had sex?"

"Um hello??? I was naked and so were you! it doesn't take a fucking genius." she paced back and forth running her fingers through her hair while huffing. "did we even use a condom?"

"I-i don't know" he stuttered

"Well, thats just great" she exclaimed.

"But you are on the pill right?"

"No! I stopped taking it a long time ago."

"Why?"

"Hello dumbass, I haven't really needed to worry about getting knocked up since I've been with girls." She went over to her coat pocket and grabbed her pack of cigarettes before heading out to the balcony. she felt him come up behind her but ignored it, wanting to just forget this ever happened.

"Kristen, I cant tell you how sorry I am."

"Don't!" she snapped. "We were both at fault but I have more to lose than you do."

"I know, maybe you shouldn't say anything to her."

"I cant keep this from her! we have no secrets with each other."

"Kristen, you know you need to keep this a secret if you don't want to lose Stella."

Tears streamed down her cheeks at the thought of losing Stella because once again she would have fucked up another relationship. Taking another hit she looked out into the scenery, which wasn't much but she needed the distraction.

"You said the dogs are with Tom?" she whispered.

"Yes"

"Let's go see them, I need a distraction," she said as she put her cigarette out. She let him lead the way down to the room and was promptly greeted by her two favorite pooches when he opened the door.

"Hi, guys," she cooed as she crouched down and let them lick every part of her.

"Well, Kristen" Tom greeted "long time no see!" Kristen got up from her position and wrapped her arms around his form.

"Yeah, it has!"

"So what brings you to old Robby's room?"

"Evidently, him" she chuckled.

"How did you know he was here?"

"Oh, I ran into him in the hallway," she said leaving out the whole thing about sleeping with him and spending the night together.

"Yeah, so I asked her if she wanted to see you and the dogs." Rob chimed in agreeing with her fabricated story.

After a while, Kristen needed to go to a meeting. She said her goodbyes to Robert, Tom, and the dogs Whispering a "don't tell anyone about this" into Roberts ear on the way out.

That night in her hotel room, tears streamed down her cheeks as she opened another bottle of champagne. In all reality, she was scared. Terrified even. That everything she had worked for was going to be blown to bits.

She knew that once Stella found out about this, they were done. But maybe she wasn't giving her enough credit? Maybe things would work in the end. She had to hold onto at least that bit of hope otherwise she would go insane.