Empty

I wonder if I'm good enough

But maybe I've just had too much

To drink, to smoke, to swallow

I'm drownin' up my sorrows

There's rules I'll never follow

Pretend there's no tomorrow

I wish there was no tomorrow

But I'm empty inside, yeah I'm empty inside

And I don't wanna live but I'm too scared to die

Yeah I'm empty inside, I just don't feel alive

And I don't wanna live but I'm too scared to die

Wish I could erase my memories

So I could stop feeling so empty

-Empty Olivia Obrien

--------------------------------------------------

Days turned into weeks and weeks turned into months. It had been 2 months since Kristen had given birth and Stella had noticed a complete change in her girlfriend.

The once lively girl she had known was now just a shell. Kristen was always occupying herself with whatever came. It wasn't even a week after the birth that Kristen had flown out of LA for another project. If she wasn't doing projects, she was doing ad campaigns for Chanel or she was sleeping.

Stella knew this would happen. No matter how many times Kristen would say during the pregnancy that she didn't care about the baby, She knew better. She knew Kristen was missing a part of her, she knew she was missing her son.

Multiple times she had tried to talk to Kristen about it but every time she would get shut down or yelled at. Which would result in Kristen shutting herself in their room. Tonight wasn't much different.

Kristen was in their room answering emails on the laptop about fittings and schedules. Stella knew this was the perfect time to try and talk to her and tonight. They were going to talk, whether Kristen wanted to or not.

"Kristen, we need to talk," Stella said as she went into the bedroom.

"There is nothing to talk about."

"Bullshit Kristen and you know that."

"Listen, I know what you want to talk about and I'm not ready."

"Kristen, I know you are holding your feelings in and you don't have too. I know your angry, upset at the whole situation."

"Stella, how am I suppose to feel? I don't want to feel like this. I'm supposed to just forget about him but every day there is some sort of reminder that he exists."

"Kris hun....."

"I don't know what to do anymore. I didn't think it would be this hard. I mean my feelings are hard for me to understand. I'm glad Rob has him, I don't want anything to do with him but physically and emotionally it's like I'm missing something. Like my body knows that I'm separated from him. It's hard to explain."

Stella went and sat on the bed and sighed. "Kristen, even if you don't think so, you miss him and that's alright. He was your son honey, you will always have this connection to him."

"Rob sent me a picture a few days ago, it's my new phone background. I have to say, we made a cute kid."