I want you here

I wanna scream

Is this a dream?

How could this happen,

Happen to me?

This isn't fair

This nightmare

This kind of torture

I just can't bear

I want you here-Plumb

-----------------------------------------------------

It had been two years since that day, she had not seen them since the day she was too scared to even hold her son. She was drowning every day. She and Stella called it quits almost a year ago. there wasn't much left of the relationship, everything had completely changed after she gave birth and she wasn't the same person she once was.

Grabbing Coles leash, she decided to take her for a walk. She had moved a while back, not wanting to be in the same house everything happened in. Here she was, running from her problems like she always did.

They took the trail that led to a park. Kristen loved this park and would often bring Cole here. She would throw the ball around and get lost in the hours when she wasn't off working. Today was no different. Kristen was throwing the ball for Cole in the wide open space by the playground. Noises were happening all around her, the talking and laughter of families blended in her ears but one stood out to her. She would know that voice anywhere

"Good job buddy!"

Kristen slowly turned her head towards the voice, there sitting on the bench was Robert. her eyes trailed to the small boy running towards him.

"Daddy!!!!!" the boy squealed

"Daddy!!!!!" the boy squealed. "Did you see me???"

"Yes, I did Carson, that was so good of you buddy!"

Kristen couldn't believe what she was seeing. She had not seen Carson since that day two years ago, not even picture updates. her baby was growing up and she had missed it because of her own insecurities. She took a seat on the grass, with Cole laying beside her and watched father and son. She could not help but smile watching Robert with their child, what a great father he was.

Rob had sent his son to go back and play when he spotted her, sitting in the grass clearly watching them. What was she doing here? he started to go towards her, she had no right to be watching them.

Kristen could tell he wasn't happy to see her, he toward her and she knew she deserved whatever came her way

"He is great, isn't he?"

"Yeah, he turned out great."

"Yeah, no thanks to you!" he seethed.

"Rob, i-"

"NO, SAVE IT! IM DONE LISTENING TO YOUR EXCUSES, I WAS DONE THE DAY YOU SHOVED OUR SON BACK INTO MY ARMS AND YOU IGNORED HIS CRIES AND RAN OFF LIKE THE COWARD YOU ARE!"

"I guess I deserved that it."

"Damn right you do, I don't want you near us. He has no memory of you and I want to keep it that way. I no longer want you in his life. you had the chance, no wonder Stella left you"

"How did you know?"

"She told me, she couldn't take the confliction you were having with yourself."

"I lose everyone in my life."

"That's because you push them away! I gave you the chance to be in Carson's life."

"Daddy who are you talking to?" the confused tot asked as he made his way over to Rob. Robert gave Kristen the "don't you dare say anything to him" look. she bit her lip

"Just an old friend buddy."

"Hi, my name is Carson! im two!" the toddler cheered loudly

"Hi Carson, my name is Kris. it's nice to meet you" she nervously said as she shook his hand. Fighting the urge just hold him and never let him go.

"You wanna play with me?"

Before Kristen could speak, Rob had scooped the little boy up into his arms.

"Oh, buddy, I think Kris has to get going" and Kristen could tell that was a signal.

"Yeah sorry buddy, maybe some other time."

She started to walk away but knew she needed to say one more thing.

"Oh, Rob?"

"Yeah?"

"You are doing a great job, he's turning out to be a fine little gentleman. Keep up the good work." she smiled at him.

He stood there stunned as she walked away. Tears streaming down her face. "Cole come!" she shouted. Hooking the leash up she started walking towards her house, she knew she was never going to have a relationship with her son and it was her fault. But in reality, she knew she had made the best decision for him. He had a chance now, she knew she could never give him a good life and maybe that's what she wanted for him from the beginning....a chance in life.