The Fag Swag {13}

“This is Phil’s house?” I asked as we stood outside.

                Molly rolled her eyes. “Gee, genius. What gave it away? The kids drinking and making out on the front lawn, the obnoxiously loud music, or the flashing lights?”

                I pouted at her. “You are such a mean person,” I grumbled.

                Molly nodded. “True. I’m also a person who’s ready to party. So, let’s go Nick!” She grabbed my hand and pulled me up to the front door.

                We let ourselves in. I looked around and couldn’t help but a grin a little. This party looked like it was going to be a hell of a good time.

                Molly and I made our way to the kitchen and got beers. We shifted out to the living room, which wasn’t that big, and began to dance together. The whole house was packed with kids, music blaring. The smell of smoke and alcohol was potent, and I was just praying that my dad didn’t bust the place.

                “Nick!”

                I spun around and gave a weak smile. “Hi Nolan,” I greeted as the cute boy bounced over to me, beer in hand.

                “How are you?” he asked with a bright smile. His face was turning red, announcing that he had been drinking. But I could tell Nolan wasn’t drunk yet. I had seen him drunk before, and he got a little out of control.

                “Good,” I called over the music.

                “Want to dance?” Nolan offered. “As friends,” he added quickly, his face heating up due to embarrassment now.

                I looked over and saw Molly talking to Angel now. I turned back to Nolan and shrugged, nodding. He and I began to dance together, laughing and talking casually.

                “So why are you at one of Phil’s parties? And where’s your boyfriend?” I asked, truly curious. Nolan wasn’t friends with Phil or Angel.

                “Everyone comes to Phil’s parties. And my boyfriend is setting up beer pong in the basement. Want to go play?”

                I shrugged and nodded. I looked around and saw that Molly had disappeared. She was probably off dancing with Angel or something.

                I followed Nolan out to the kitchen. He pulled me through the thick crowd and managed to get us into the basement. There were less people down here.

                “Are you guys ready yet?” Nolan asked curiously. The music wasn’t loud since we had shut the door, and we could talk normally now.

                I mentally groaned as I saw Phil pouring beer into several red plastic cups set up on a ping-pong table. Oh my lanta. Beer pong with an already emotionally-unstable boy. What fun.

                A cute guy looked up and nodded. “Pretty much. We’re just filling up the cups, and then we’re ready play,” he said with a shrug.

                Nolan nodded eagerly and pulled me over. “Guys, this is Nick. Nick, this is my boyfriend Vinny, those are the twins, Kyle and Creigh, that’s Owen, that’s Brandon, and that’s Phil,” Nolan introduced.

                As their names were said, each of the guys nodded at me. I said hi to all of them, trying to act calm and casual since Phil was watching me now.